Sounds on the Susquehanna MOVES

Its official.....Sounds on the Susquehanna is moving to the Binghamton Stadium. The Union Endicott Stadium was under mud and too much water to be able to be back in shape for the July 29th date. Directions will be posted on the http:www.soundsonsus.org website in the next 24 hours. The Binghamton Stadium is actually better for the spectators as it is closer to the field and the seating is better. The down side is there is limited parking so you may have to walk a little to get to the stadium......

Empire Statesmen, Buccaneers, Bushwackers, Brigadiers, Skyliners and White Sabers are on tap for the evening and it should be very exciting to see the top 4 corps head to head.

Address for the stadium is: Alumni Stadium

Binghamton East Middle School

167 Frederick St

Binghamton, NY, 13901

For those coming from the south, use Exit 3 of I 81 to get to the stadium. Those coming from the north and west would use Exit 4.

Please pass the word to all that you know are planning to attend the show. Thanks alot.

Benjy Van Kurin

Executive Director

Spectrum Winterguard

http://www.spectrumwinterguard.org

bump

While I know that the Sounds people (Dave Baker and all) rely heavily on the support from the Endicott folks... everyone should know that the Binghamton stadium is amazing and only a few miles to the east ... 6000+ front sides... VERY high viewing - great sound... artificial turf

the only possible negative for the stadium at all is the tendancy of truck drivers on Rt 81 above the stadium to blow their horns as they pass by...

Great show... I hope everyone supports it well...

While I know that the Sounds people (Dave Baker and all) rely heavily on the support from the Endicott folks... everyone should know that the Binghamton stadium is amazing and only a few miles to the east ... 6000+ front sides... VERY high viewing - great sound... artificial turf

the only possible negative for the stadium at all is the tendancy of truck drivers on Rt 81 above the stadium to blow their horns as they pass by...

Great show... I hope everyone supports it well...

Thanks Tom! As a side note....hope everything is well with you and yours!

Personally I liked this stadium a lot better then the one at Endicott anyway. The only other time the show was moved there was in 2002 I believe because the endicott stadium was not yet complete.

Benji, I'm fine and so is Karen... see you in Rochester Labor Day weekend...

Since the Binghamton Stadium was rebuilt, there has been at least 1 show there - possibly 2. The Sounds of the Susquehanna show while the Endicott stadium was being rebuilt (shame they couldn't move it out of the "flood" zone) and a junior show I believe but am not sure ...

Endicott did a good job with rebuilding their stadium but the distance from the front sidelines is still a bit much...

Binghamton is so nice that I had tried to get them to be considered for the DCA Championship.

Enjoy the show...

The only time it is not in Endicott is this year, 2002 with the rebuilding and then whenever the Empire State Games are held they use all of the lighted stadiums and the show is in Maine-Endwell. Personally I would rather be in Binghamtone even though Endicott is 15 minutes away and Binghamton is 25 :P

bump

good ole bump