All-time most smokin drumlines

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok....

SCV 04 was an accent-tap fest. Very few rolls, but clean, idiomatic and phrased.

Cavies were just as clean, and the book was much more interesting.

SCV 03 was much better, IMO.

And Cadets 99, any show with a 60 count tenor solo is ok by me. Go watch it again, and show me the dirt.

And Cadets 99, any show with a 60 count tenor solo is ok by me. Go watch it again, and show me the dirt.

The tenor line was clean...the snare line was a mess by their standards.

Not that i wouldn't go crazy to have a line like that, just as far as the Cadets go, it was a bad year.

1984 27th Lancers and the ones who beat them by 1/10th of a point (Blue Devils) both were smokin I think they scored the highest for their time like a 19.7 (for 27 and 19.8 for BD)..oh and 1983 Bridgemen ranks up there for me too. :wink:

There have been some smokin Cadet drum lines they seem to be very consistent in that section as well as Phantom drum lines in the 00's.

Edited by Lancerlady

nice post Scott,

I had heard of you when I marched Freelancers in 85-88. Nice to hear from ya....

Probably Roger J. narcing me out for moving to the VK that year!

No corps should receive a perfect score. This is why you start out with lower scores in the season or in the beginning of the show so the judges won't box you in.

Perfect example is 2002 Cavies. The judges boxed themselves in for the perfect scores in GE Vis, Mus Ens, and CG

I would hate to say this for Cadets 98, but the same case applies for Vis Perf

On a side note, this is one of the reasons I think the "add em up" scoring philosophy is fundamentallly flawed when compared to the "take away" system of the old days. The potential for "boxing in" is too great and doesn't allow judges to give proper spreads between corps when needed and can inflate scores in other situations.