All-time most smokin drumlines

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ll agree with Blue Devils ’76 and ’77. They had great books for great shows. They executed the heck out of them. I loved those North tenors. I got to see them a bunch of times those years and watch them improve from show to show. That ’76 drum line established the Blue Devils identity we recognize today.

I’ll also have to add SCV ’74 to the list. They were super clean. Robby Carson really set the bar high for individual snare that year. The show was incredible for that era. The “Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra” drum solo had some incredible full line one-handed stuff.

'66 Cavaliers

'67 Boston Crusaders

'68 Royal Airs

'69 Cavaliers

'71 Blue Rock

'72 27th Lancers

'74 SCV

'74 Anaheim

'75 SCV

'76 Blue Devils

'77 Oakland Crusaders

'80 Spirit of Atlanta

'80 - '82 Bridgemen

'83 - '84 Blue Devils

(then I took about a 20-year "vacation" from drum corps!)

'02 Cavaliers

'03 SCV

'05 Cadets

'06 Cavaliers

Edited by Paul Milano

Blue Devils 1976:92.70- 1977:92.050- 1979:93.550- 1980:90.60- 1982:95.250- 1986:98.40- 1994:98.40- 1996:97.40- 1997:98.40- 1999:98.40- 2003:98.80 http://Seasonpass.dci.org

The Cavaliers 2002:99.150

The GarfieldCadets 2005:99.150

Madison Scouts 1975:92.50

http://corpsreps.com/seach.cfm

wavespiritTerrance

Edited by Terrance I.McGee

Scott,

Your right...no man, you know he bled red. When I went to Spirit in 89 he was the same way. I don't think he ever said anything bad......I liked the line in 84 and 83, BTW....

Roger will be buried in a Freelancer Cadet. One of the most intense performers I have ever marched with. You can always pick him out on the videos by looking for the white plume that is gyrating all over the place. Seriously though, I would have loved to have stayed, but I had to stick around Southern California that spring for personal reasons, and the Velvet Knights were the only gig in town. As it was, I only got to march first tour after blowing my knee out. When I first saw that '85 Freelancer uniform, it broke my heart to see they had abandoned the red cadet. Thks for your comments on '83 and '84. The '84 year was a gas. That show was a lot of fun to play.

Speaking of throwing down....our 90 snareline was a bunch of alcoholics and #### clean. Just from my experience, we had some of the best hands in DCI that year.

BTW.....I can't get thrown off for calling my 90' line a bunch of alcoholics, can I? I was one of them.....

Speaking of throwing down....our 90 snareline was a bunch of alcoholics and #### clean. Just from my experience, we had some of the best hands in DCI that year.

BTW.....I can't get thrown off for calling my 90' line a bunch of alcoholics, can I? I was one of them.....

Pat,

Don't know if you'll get thrown off....but I might throw you under the bus! :P Just kidding.