Meadowlands Contest

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about NJ Transit bus service. I received my tickets from YEA! and they refer to taking the bus from New York, but I don't think that they have done anything to make the necessary arrangements. Anyone have any info?

OK, New Jersey Transit has not included the contest as a "special event" for the Meadowlands bus service. If you live in Manhattan, how are you planning to get to and from the Meadowlands? Any advice would be appreciated.

Do they have any bus service from Weehauken? (38th st. ferry)?

Perhaps I can get to Jersey and then take a car service? Has anyone done that? I wonder how much it would cost?

I couldn't see a cab costing anymore than $20 one way...the ferry is only about 6-7 miles from the stadium. Just take route 3 through Seacaucus and you're basically there, and there's plenty of cabs at the ferry.

Great advice. I had no idea that the est. drive time from Weehauken to the Stadium is approx. 14 minutes. Not bad. And the ferry is very convenient as well. Perhaps YEA! should designate someone for coordinating the movement of NYC fans to the stadium. I just remember the fact that we were almost stranded out there due to the lack of a return bus. If it weren't for a stadium event staffer with a van, we would have had to walk over a mile or so to getto the closest bus stop. Not a good way to end an evening.

OK, New Jersey Transit has not included the contest as a "special event" for the Meadowlands bus service. If you live in Manhattan, how are you planning to get to and from the Meadowlands? Any advice would be appreciated.

Have you figured anything out? I live in Manhattan and was hoping to take a bus from Port Authority. Will this not work?

If I take a NJ Transit train 1 stop to Secaucus, will there be taxis there?

Thx,

Ted

Ok this might be a stretch. Check the bus schedules to the Meadowlands Racetrack (same as the stadium). Buses run up to 20 minutes AFTER the last race. http://www.thebigm.com/Transportation.asp

Based on what the "Big M" web site states the last race runs at around 11pm. http://www.thebigm.com/postTimes.asp?navID=1

If the show is over before 11pm you can guess your last bus back to Manhattan is around 11:20pm. There's a phone number to speak with someone at the race track on the wbesite. Hey, it's worth a shot!

Good luck! B)