Dallas Review

I'd thought about it....

but I'm a groomsman at a wedding that weekend. :P

They could reschedual the wedding. ^0^

Thanks for your review! Next time, we could do without a balls metaphor every other corps :P

[Team America Terrorist]I like you. You have balls. I like balls.[/Team America Terrorist]

Thanks for the review... it's good to hear that my old corps is being so well received. Go BK! :)

Very nice review. Apart from your thoughts on Regiment, I think we agreed on almost everything. That's not why I'm saying "nice review" though. :) Nice review because it was honest, you did a really nice job highlighting the highs & not so highs of each group, and you kind of captured the "spirit" of each corps on this evening. I absolutely loved BK as well & thought they should have been over Scouts.

Harvey

I'd thought about it....

but I'm a groomsman at a wedding that weekend. :P

You should of told the bride you were busy that weekend and asked for it to be reschedeled. b**bs

"Sad because I'll have to wait for the DVDs before I see Blue Knights this year. "

From the comments regarding who should be finishing where, sounds like you should mail a copy to the adjudicators ("opinionaters who wear the green shirts and tan slacks"). Maybe if these folks actually watch the BK show (as well as a few other corps with 'close call' shows), they may get a clue.

DrGene

"Sad because I'll have to wait for the DVDs before I see Blue Knights this year. "

From the comments regarding who should be finishing where, sounds like you should mail a copy to the adjudicators ("opinionaters who wear the green shirts and tan slacks"). Maybe if these folks actually watch the BK show (as well as a few other corps with 'close call' shows), they may get a clue.

DrGene

:huh:

Are you saying that you don't think the Blue Knights are being scored fairly? Just curious because I don't quite understand your comment.

I haven't seen them yet, so I can't say whether or not they are being scored too low or too high...but they are in the thick of things from 6th-11th....that is pretty darn good!

Are you saying that you don't think the Blue Knights are being scored fairly?

Dear Chadwick:

My point about requiring adjudicators to watch the show that is actually performed that evening/afternoon is not specific to BK, but certainly applicable to them. I saw their show in Denver and agreed totally with the comments made by both reviews of the Dallas show regarding the overall quality (design and execution) of their show (I did not see the Dallas show).

There are any number of corps that seem to get "mailed in" comments or placements from adjudicators (judges, back in the day). The "glass ceiling" effect (and its counter part--the "plexiglass floor") seems to be pervasive across different groupings of corps. Why has the ranking/order of corps remained relatively constant for nearly 20 years? All I ask is that judges actually watch the show that night--not what they think they know about the corps or have heard about the corps. Every corps has good nights and bad nights--recognize these changes by giving every corps the score they actually deserve for their performance that night.

DrGene

strange review.

I think a comment like this needs some clarification.