Random thoughts about the San Antonio stream

The Cavies have a new ending coming.....the ending in San Antonio was put in place sometime between Toledo and Columbia...

I wouldn't consider the ending as it is now to be a 5th movement...it's just an extension of what's already been happening...perhaps the best term to use is "coda"

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom has been my favorite corps ever since I started competing against them in 1976. I have never NOT liked their show.

A question that I'm too lazy to research right now:

What is the LOWEST position they have finished since they first made DCI finals?

Who, besides Blue Devils, have consistently finished better?

In other words, give 12 points for a first place finish in finals, 11 for second place, and so on down to 1 point for 12th. Since 1971, how do the corps rate? It might not mean a heck of a lot, but if someone has the time, it might be fun to see how all the finalists through out history stack up. (No fair giving points to a corps that was disqualified. Treat ties independantly - both corps score the same amount of points.

I have actually been tracking this for quite some time now (however I give 25 points for first all the way down to 1 point for 25th.) It is interesting to see corps climb up the ranks. I also seperated it out by decades and such as well. I'll see if I can find it and post the results on here sometime.

I was there. Luckily we were indoors. Bad lightning storm at the beginning of the evening show in san antonio. had to sprint from the river center so i wouldnt get caught in the storm. i loved the regiments music. there drill needs some cleaning. i was really impressed by the bluecoats...boy have they come a long way from a few years ago. dissappointed in the cadets...kinda boring. A let down after a championship year (which i dont think they deserved). Blue Devils were good. But they were no where near as clean as the Cavaliers. and from the crowds reaction, i think they agreed. Lines were so clean. Of course its become expected of them to be so at this point in the season as we get closer and closer to Madison 2006. It was AWESOME!!!

Phantom has been my favorite corps ever since I started competing against them in 1976. I have never NOT liked their show.

A question that I'm too lazy to research right now:

What is the LOWEST position they have finished since they first made DCI finals?

Who, besides Blue Devils, have consistently finished better?

In other words, give 12 points for a first place finish in finals, 11 for second place, and so on down to 1 point for 12th. Since 1971, how do the corps rate? It might not mean a heck of a lot, but if someone has the time, it might be fun to see how all the finalists through out history stack up. (No fair giving points to a corps that was disqualified. Treat ties independantly - both corps score the same amount of points.

Phantom placed 11th their first year in Finals (1974). They have not finished lower since then.

As far as who has consistently finished better, there are four corps. Cavaliers, Cadets, SCV, and Blue Devils all have higher aggregate finals placements. I will be posting complete finals results later.

Hope this helps.