Does DCI announce Finals judges ahead of time?

I believe it to be true. I don't think I,m the only one that does either.

That is ridiculous. They dont have anything to gain from rigging scores or placement. If DCI wanted to make the activity more exciting or make more profit they would have more than just three corps winning nearly all of the titles every year.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 thoughts:

1. Cavaliers would still have won the show if the spread in Visual GE had only been one tenth as opposed to 6 tenths. Keep in mind that Phantom was a tenth over BD in that caption as well.

2. The GE visual judge tonight in Denton was within one tenth of the score Cavies received in San Antonio. Seems fairly consistent.

Only time will tell.

In the old days, DCI would announce all the Finals judges earlier in the season. They stopped doing it when they realized that the corps would tailor their shows to only what the finals judges liked and ignor all the other judges throughout the rest of the season. Do they still keep the finals judging panel secret until finals night? The reason I'm asking is that Nola Jones has opened up a large spread in GE Visual with Cavies over BD. That large spread wasn't there in their previous meetings. This is why Cavies beat BD in San Antonio. It was a .6 spread in GE Visual and BD lost by .55. Will Nola Jones be judging GE Visual at finals?

I am sure that Nola Jones will be judging during finals week. She may not be on the panel finals night but I am sure that she will be there on one of the nights. She knows what she is doing and she has credibility and she has been judging finals for a while so I would count on it. There are alot worse things out there for BD fans than worrying about Nola Jones being there on finals night. Besides, BD lost GE visual by .6 becuase they need to make some serious adjustments to their visual package. Without their amazing guard they would be scoring about 1.6 (or more) behind the cavies.

2 thoughts:

1. Cavaliers would still have won the show if the spread in Visual GE had only been one tenth as opposed to 6 tenths. Keep in mind that Phantom was a tenth over BD in that caption as well.

2. The GE visual judge tonight in Denton was within one tenth of the score Cavies received in San Antonio. Seems fairly consistent.

Only time will tell.

Does anyone else think that Phantom's score here is a little high? I'm coming at this as a Bluecoats and Blue Devils fan, so I may be a little partial, but when I saw PR in Dublin (not that long ago) their visual show was pretty shaky. I'm sure it's cleaner by now (they had just made some pretty serious changes), but I really didn't think the GE was there, either.

Just my nickel's worth (seriously why hasn't the whole 2 cents worth thing gone up with gas prices and inflation?)

Their visual and percussion were the star of the show for me in Jacksonville last week.

Allen Kristensen

THATS HOT!

:blink:

Crank one out!

(The man is my hero. I'll be yelling that in Cookeville to a buddy of mine in Cadets, we both get a chuckle out of that from the '05 DVD.)