100 Greatest Drummers

WordRider

duh, everyone knows RINGO STAR is the greatest drummer that EVER lived!

:wub:

are you crazy???Ringo Starr???,,he was a basic beat piece of ###### that got lucky...duh yourself for that one.

Edited by zarblap

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

buddy rich, louie belson,etc and many more.......from drum corps..bill mcgrath jr.,tom falzone, billy codham(drum corps and jazz legend)

Thanks Rratex for link adjustment. Not Bad for a DCP Rookie!

rimshotTerrance

This is all really subjective, and a little narrow. For instance, there is no funk category. Some of the best drummers I've ever heard come from this genre. One in particular: Dave Garibaldi. If it weren't for him, people like Dennis Chambers, Dave Weckl, and even Carter Beauford probably wouldn't have some of their current drumming vocabulary.

I totallly have to agree with "Bill_Cosby" on that one. David Garibaldi is fricking amazing.

Not to mention my personal love for DMB's Carter Beauford! (:

As a budding drummer, I've taken alot of inspiration in Buddy Rich's jazz stylings, as well.

About 2 years ago I saw Maynard Ferguson ar our local HS. WOW, what a show! The most impressive thing for me, however, was their drummer, whose name I didn't catch. This guy was breaking down rolls independantly with all four limbs! Powerful, tasteful, musical, impressive. The best I've seen in my 100 or so years of drumming. Does anyone know anything about this guy?

About 2 years ago I saw Maynard Ferguson ar our local HS. WOW, what a show! The most impressive thing for me, however, was their drummer, whose name I didn't catch. This guy was breaking down rolls independantly with all four limbs! Powerful, tasteful, musical, impressive. The best I've seen in my 100 or so years of drumming. Does anyone know anything about this guy?

i'm 98% sure it was Stockton Helbing(he's been with the band since 03) and the only drummer I've seen use a water bottle as a stick(while soloing) also, his solo album "Lodestar" is quite good.

The two snares that played in blast this year were awesome

link doesnt work

Press link above the Back button under Page cannot be displayed. :rolleyes:

replyspiritTerrance