Will rainout hurt Madison, Glassmen and Spirit

nah. That's not the corps fault. If they've been rehearsing as hard as everyone else I wouldn't pay the rainouts a second thought.

Well they one benefit is if shows are rained out, the corps can get on the road right away and get to their housing earlier....get more time on the floor and start rehearsal first thing in the AM.

So ya, they might gain some more rehearsal time....but if it is raining, who knows if it will be time well spent.

I definitely agree that the extra sleep/practice time will actually help the corps - I mean, come on, they get tons of performance experience all summer. Plus, Glassmen did get to perform so they got a score, tapes, recap sheets, etc. All the perks of a competition without taking up the time.

Because of the rainout and scheduling, Madison, Glassmen and Spirit will have three days of before having a contest. Will it hurt or help them?

At this time of year, I'd say practice time is definately more valuable than missing a performance. Corps have been in over a dozen performances, with lots of different judging panels giving them input and critiques. Corps know what they need to work on by now and what needs priority by the end of July. So a rain out is a plus at this stage of the season as it gives the Corps the chance to bolt ahead to their next site and get in some extra quality practice time to clean areas that need cleaning in their program. Also, needed rest certainly helps as Corps get closer to Finals Week.

Edited by X DM

Rainout doesn't mean: "Everyone go home, stay indoors, and sleep."

I actually think that if the corps get on the road and get their sleep then rainouts help. They are more refreshed when they get up to practice

Spirit played today.