high scores

Has anyone noticed scores at the top are now quite high, and we still have 3 weeks left? I haven't seen anyone yet, but I always wonder as it happens every year at this time, and to me, earned or not. Cavies were given a 19.2 in visual effect in San Antonio Saturday....that is the 96th percentile....quite high for 3 weeks left.....inflated, or is it that hot already?? Also, that margin more than called the show..... just curious....sometimes think that numbers are jacked severely at this time even when the performance level or product doesn't merit it.................GB

it's inflated. you cannot give 19 in any of the captions at that time.

you will give the corps no more room to judge or compare scores with once you box them in like 1987 Cadets percussion, 1998 cadets visuals, 2002 cavies, and 2004 Blue Devils brass.

that's just bad numbers mangement, this just proves it's not the number so much as the space between the numbers.

it's inflated. you cannot give 19 in any of the captions at that time.

you will give the corps no more room to judge or compare scores with once you box them in like 1987 Cadets percussion, 1998 cadets visuals, 2002 cavies, and 2004 Blue Devils brass.

that's just bad numbers mangement, this just proves it's not the number so much as the space between the numbers.

Thanks for your reply.....I agree.....you have to be really, really smokin', IMO, to EARN a 19 with three weeks to go, and I seriously doubt that the performance is that hot yet. If the same judge has already given Cavs a 19.2 and is selected to judge nationals, what is she going to give them....a 21???? That particular judge also "called the show" in San Antonio...effect judges need to understand that a tenth does in fact mean a tenth for the full corps in their caption, unlike the others, and judge accordingly....I am not saying that Cavs shouldn't have won visual effect (I haven't seen anyone yet), but looking at the other visual judges' scores, I have a hard time believing the .6 spread in visual effect. The scary part is I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this person on one of the slates in Madison. GB

I think the scores at San Antonio were to high compared to last years.

I think the scores at San Antonio were to high compared to last years.

Actually the scores are low compared to 2004 and 2003. Where the glassmen are currently 12th with an 80.7, in 2003 12th palce had an 84.40.

Blue Devils are currently 1st with 92.75, but the lead in 2004 was at an 93.250.

Mike