Bass Drum Music

bassbabe

I was wondering if anyone knows of any websites where they show bass drum exercises. I have been gotten out of playing cause my life took my away from playing. I am trying to get my chops in order for 2007 season so i can audition for a bass line. Any help can be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

I've seen a lot of college lines that have a lot of their old warm-ups/exercises on there web pages. You could start their. Google is also very helpful

Edited by KiltieBD3

well as you know , bass is not like the other spots.. it's about what is not played just as much as what is... i would suggest to actually look for music and instruction on playing jazz and funk bass guitar. you'll see very quickly how it will all make sence. good luck....if you can get out to jersey we have a spot...

Edited by mallettosis

BassBabe you are needed at New Members Forum,so that we can say Welcome to the Newbie .

Terrance

I was wondering if anyone knows of any websites where they show bass drum exercises.

Although you've probibly checked this out, I find that http://www.vicfirth.com/ has some really usefull exeresizes for chop building and such on it, as well as alot of fun and educational articles. Althoguh I haven't seen any bass line music on there, it would still help alot for chops in general. Stone's "Stick Control" book is an excelent resource for building chops, sightreading and warm up. I've used it since I started percussion 11 years ago and still use it today. I also find that druming with heavy sticks that I've wighted with a wad of stick tape towards the bead can really be a good tool for building "chops" as well as practing single strokes on a pillow...

I've heard some good buzz about Colin McNutt's "Vaccant Lot Sessions" book, but I can't remember if its just snare or full battery parts.

If you find a title of a book or piece that you want I highly suggest ordering it through Steve Wiess They have a big selection of marching percussion music...however no samples so if you don't know what it is its proibly not great to order blindly.

Best of luck to you! ^OO^

Edited by phoenix_aurora

I was wondering if anyone knows of any websites where they show bass drum exercises. I have been gotten out of playing cause my life took my away from playing. I am trying to get my chops in order for 2007 season so i can audition for a bass line. Any help can be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

I don't know how corps drumlines audition today, maybe things are different now in 2006, but when I was a bass drummer at LSU in the late 70's and early 80's, EVERYBODY auditioned on snare. The best guys played snare, the next level was put on " triples " and the ones who were weaker in reading usually wound up on bass. We didn't have individual bass drum tryouts. I guess that is going on now, huh?

Yea, with the specialization in corps drumlines many kids try out for the instrument they end up on. Of course there are still kids that try out for snare and end up on bass or cymbals for a variety of reasons.

I have Bachman's Quad Logic, if Bass Logic is anything like it get a copy.

Bill Bachman has an excellent book out called "Bass Logic" (also Quad Logic, and Rudimental Logic). The name says it all. Give it a look. I believe it's available through Roll-Off Publications.

(edit) PS - As for "free" online sheet music, Anders up above said it the best IMO... usually college sites or tribute sites.

Edited by StevensGrip