What have I missed?

Alright, I'll admit it-- I'm fairly new to Drum Corps as an activity-- so I'm wondering: What have I missed? I know it's a very broad question-- but which classic shows should I go out of my way to see? I watched both Classic Countdowns, but I know there are tons of other shows out there that deserve to be seen. So which are they? ^^

Wow, where does one start. You need the full history lesson. You can't really just start with say Cadets '05, for instance, because a lot of influences led to that point including some that go back a few decades. I would recommend you get some old old recordings, for two reasons, to give you a broader view of the activity and to give you a sence of history, which I honestly believe the average fan lacks. (ed. note How many of you average fans have heard the 1965 Chicago Royalaires? How many really want too? Thus my point) If you are serious in this endevore contact me via PM and I will see if I can help you out. As you can see from my credentials below, I take this very seriously b**bs

There are a lot of great sources for historical background on this sight and hopefully you'll be meeting them as time goes by.

Please contact me so we can get you started.

Alright, I'll admit it-- I'm fairly new to Drum Corps as an activity-- so I'm wondering: What have I missed? I know it's a very broad question-- but which classic shows should I go out of my way to see? I watched both Classic Countdowns, but I know there are tons of other shows out there that deserve to be seen. So which are they? ^^

Well, Anaheim Kingsmen won DCI, the very first championship. The US Open, American-International Open and the World Open died, hmmmm wonder why. From then the following corps won the championship at sometime....Santa Clara Vanguard, Madison Scouts, Blue Devils, Garfield Cadets later known as The Cadets, Phanto Regiment (but they tied), Star of Indiana (they're on Broadway now or least touring theaters all over the country, Cavaliers. I think those were the only winners. Contests went from Open class, A Class, B Class to Division I, II and III (not sure why they changed the name, same thing but new names). All drum corps have their own unique style, whether it be jazz, classical, new age, rock, or Neil Sedaka. Okay, no one plays Neil anymore. Some corps used to be fun such as the Bridgemen who are back as an alumni corps and then Velvet Knights who are supposed to come back but not with that name.

Corps that deserve to be seen? All of them! Because of the small amount of corps, compared to 30 years ago, all corps have wonderful musical talent from all over North America. My favorites are Santa Clara, Blue Devils, Madison, and then the nostalgia in me...Charioteers, Precisionaires, Muchachos, 27th Lancers, Freelancers, Purple Lancers, Sun Coast Sound, Bleu Raeders and many more.

It's all good!