Your Impressions of Dutch Boy's Version of South Park

When Dutch Boy first announced that they were going to be doing South Park: The Movie, people were saying how are they going to do that ? Will they be doing any VOCALS ??

Now that you've have a chance to see it, what do you think of they way they have presented it ??

I don't care if you are a marcher parent or an instructor, just tell whatyou think !!

Thanks. B)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Dutch Boy first announced that they were going to be doing South Park: The Movie, people were saying how are they going to do that ? Will they be doing any VOCALS ??

Now that you've have a chance to see it, what do you think of they way they have presented it ??

I don't care if you are a marcher parent or an instructor, just tell whatyou think !!

Thanks. B)

Man, I wish I could see this show!

Is there anyway you (or anyone who's seen it) can provide a description: what songs are they playing, are they pretty straight forward arrangements or are they 'reimagingins,' any kind of "interesting" visual package, what do guard unis look like, etc.

Sorry, but I've wanted to see a corps do music from South Park: The Movie since the film opened, and I'm bummed that I won't be anyhwhere to see them.

On the last broadcast of my radio show, I did a special salute to Dutch Boy's program this year and played "Quiet Mountain Town." I couldn't be more thrilled that they're doing the show they are. I just wish I could see it! :unsure:

I'm sorry, but if they're doing "South Park: The Movie" for a show, then I have NO desire to see them. That was one of the most offensive movies I have ever seen in my entire life. <**> That movie is what finally got me to stop watching "South Park", and I haven't watched an episode since it's release. That (TV) show should be smited. (Great, I sound like a "holy roller"...as if that's a bad thing...). I know that the movie was supposed to be offensive, because that is funny to some, but there are just some things that you should not make fun of...Laugh if you want...

I'm sorry, but if they're doing "South Park: The Movie" for a show, then I have NO desire to see them. That was one of the most offensive movies I have ever seen in my entire life. <**> That movie is what finally got me to stop watching "South Park", and I haven't watched an episode since it's release. That (TV) show should be smited. (Great, I sound like a "holy roller"...as if that's a bad thing...). I know that the movie was supposed to be offensive, because that is funny to some, but there are just some things that you should not make fun of...Laugh if you want...

I'm sorry you feel that way Cardman. DUTCH BOY'S SHOW IS FUN and all kinds things going on that will make you want to see it more than once.

So Cardman, if you had to choose between The Godfather and SOUTH PARK: THE MOVIE to write a drum corps show, which one would you choose ?

One more thing I should say about Dutch Boy's show, THE KIDS IN THE CORPS LOVE PERFORMING IT !!!!

Edited by ODBC

I was with the Drill writer when he would working on some of it. So I only saw it on pyware..Got the midi along with it...The show sounds really run it sounds like a blast to perform and I bet the kids are having a blast.. I hope to get to catch it in madison..

Best of luck to them

Perhaps you could consider it in this light: Ravel's Bolero is a musical representation of the sex act. Not something we should visually present on a drum corps field but by itself the music is a classic and nobody had a problem with BAC playing it despite the connotations. There are plenty of other examples - Carmina Burana comes to mind. Apparently some fundamentalist types were complaining that PR's "Faust" glorifies the devil.

The music for South Park, while the lyrics are pretty offensive (no arguement there) is in itself great music, and Dutch is not using any vocals from the movie. If you can separate the drum corps show from the cartoon you might enjoy it.

Cheers

Jim