Your Impressions of Dutch Boy's Version of South Park

That's hilarious. I always joke with my wife about turning this into a corps show. I can't believe someone actually did it!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but if they're doing "South Park: The Movie" for a show, then I have NO desire to see them. That was one of the most offensive movies I have ever seen in my entire life. <**> That movie is what finally got me to stop watching "South Park", and I haven't watched an episode since it's release. That (TV) show should be smited. (Great, I sound like a "holy roller"...as if that's a bad thing...). I know that the movie was supposed to be offensive, because that is funny to some, but there are just some things that you should not make fun of...Laugh if you want...

The music's great. Sorry to hear you feel that way, Cartman.

Oops -- Cardman.

That's hilarious. I always joke with my wife about turning this into a corps show. I can't believe someone actually did it!

I know. And here I always thought it'd be a senior corps that'd tackle it.

Heh! If this movie had come out in the '80s Bridgemen would have been all over it!

Ok so I dont know the actual song selections Dutch Boy is Doing.. but yes the moivie is offensive.. but go figure in the movie there is the song.. "Blame Canada" and its a Canadian corps doing the movie.. to me it would be funny if they did that song.. but Im weird that way. But.. the music in the movie (minusing some lonaguage) is good.

Ok so I dont know the actual song selections Dutch Boy is Doing.. but yes the moivie is offensive.. but go figure in the movie there is the song.. "Blame Canada" and its a Canadian corps doing the movie.. to me it would be funny if they did that song.. but Im weird that way. But.. the music in the movie (minusing some lonaguage) is good.

As a matter of fact they ARE playing "Blame Canada"!

Figures a Canadian corps would play "BLAME CANADA!!" But after all, the only thing we get blamed for for, is our beer is too strong !!!! :ph34r::ph34r::beer::beer::beer:

They'd be crazy not to.

I saw the movie in Vancouver when I used to live there, and it brought down the house. I guess that means we're all going to ####. Anyone who thinks it's nothing but fart jokes is really missing the point. South Park is some of the sharpest satire being produced today.

Thankfully, they're still printing Family Circus in the paper, so... whew! Everyone wins!

Here's the write up including some (not all) of the pieces from the movie used in the show (taken from the Dutch Boy website):

The Sounds of South Park is a medley of pieces from "South Park The Movie." The corps isn't portraying the movie, rather just having fun with the oft-wacky music.

The show starts with "Mountain Town" as the corps comes to life and takes a leisure stroll through the park. The piece is blended with a percussion feature with brass high-lights. Presented as a stage performence, "I Can Change" has a distinct tango feeling. Comic relief is provided in "Blame Canada", combined with a front line percussion feature of "Kyle's Mom." All the peices are tied together in "La Resistance."