words of wisdom for an age out?

It's just drum corps.

Seriously, when all is said and done, it's just drum corps. I know it's fun and all(not even that really), but honestly, it's not that big of a deal. There are gonna be a lot of age outs, many of them won't make it past quarters or semis. And only a handful will be Champions. I never made Finals in three years with three different div I corps. I know I was ###### at the time, but really, now that I'm headed off to boot camp and then Iraq, how I did in drum corps just doesn't seem that big of a deal.

So to all the age outs, no matter how you do this season, it's just drum corps. You'll live and move on.

You would seriously write this in a letter to an age out? :blink:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not specifically in a letter to one age-out. More of just to anyone who did not have the best time of their life in drum corps. When you really think about it, it's just a hobby. It's not life and death. And if someones didn't have the best of time or if they didn't get everything from it they wanted, it really isn't that big of a deal.

And LancerFi, you wanna just go ahead and keep your insults towards the people who are keeping you alive in the CE forum where they belong.

Edited by Morgoth Bauglir