looking for a partner for DCA

no, not for me... Here's the scoop

A friend of mine who marches with me in the Sonic Lancers here in Japan will be taking a trip to New York to watch the DCA championships. The guy is around 40-44 I think and is our lead sopranoist. He also was a sopranoist for the Yokohama Inspires when they were at DCA (forgot which year though, might have been both years). AND, he's a HUGE fan of the Empire Statesmen.

But anyhow, he has his ticket, car rental, hotel reservation... but he'll be traveling alone. If there is anyone who might be interested in hanging out with a fellow Japanese sopranoist for the weekend, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll put you guys into contact via e-mail. He does speak a fair amount of English, so not too many worries there.

If anyone can assist, thanks :)

Where's Ron and Nanci when you need them? but then again, Japanese U.S. relations might never be the same.

Seriously, let's jump on this guys and take care of him...

do we know what hotel he is at? that might help... knowing that...

Is he the guy who played for Garfield back when?

I'd do it, but I have 6 Grandchildren that haven't seen me since Christmas ready to fight for my attention...

tell him to find the Bored Forum crew.

granted, he may come back a different person ^0^

Other than the Inspires performance with DCA, I don't think he has done any North American bugling.

I'll see him again this Sunday at rehearsal. Two folks have already PMed me some info, which is great, THANKS!!! So I'll talk to him then.

Not sure about his hotel yet either. I'll see about getting that info on Sunday as well.

I'll jump on this. I'm at the Doubletree Hotel with the Atlanta CorpsVets.

I'll be busy competing, working DCA, DCWorld and DCPlanet, but I can always find some time for a drum corps person. I've been known to botch the announcement of a Japanese bari lady's name for Inspires, which brought out loud guffaws, but I am used to being with and working with international folks.

Please PM or e-mail me if interested.

btw, I sat with a Japanese gentleman at Allentown one year. He was a huge Caballeros fan. (Hmm, Inspires member?) Wish I'd gotten his name and contact. I wanted to interview him.

Edited by CozyChopsCom

no, not for me... Here's the scoop

A friend of mine who marches with me in the Sonic Lancers here in Japan will be taking a trip to New York to watch the DCA championships. The guy is around 40-44 I think and is our lead sopranoist. He also was a sopranoist for the Yokohama Inspires when they were at DCA (forgot which year though, might have been both years). AND, he's a HUGE fan of the Empire Statesmen.

But anyhow, he has his ticket, car rental, hotel reservation... but he'll be traveling alone. If there is anyone who might be interested in hanging out with a fellow Japanese sopranoist for the weekend, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll put you guys into contact via e-mail. He does speak a fair amount of English, so not too many worries there.

If anyone can assist, thanks :)

Any chance he can bring a couple of the Inspires guard members with him? They left me a changed man. :worthy:

I'll jump on this. I'm at the Doubletree Hotel with the Atlanta CorpsVets.

I'll be busy competing, working DCA, DCWorld and DCPlanet, but I can always find some time for a drum corps person. I've been known to botch the announcement of a Japanese bari lady's name for Inspires, which brought out loud guffaws, but I am used to being with and working with international folks.

Please PM or e-mail me if interested.

btw, I sat with a Japanese gentleman at Allentown one year. He was a huge Caballeros fan. (Hmm, Inspires member?) Wish I'd gotten his name and contact. I wanted to interview him.

Ding Ding... We have a winner. There could be no better person to hang with to get the full experience of DCA championships than Cozy! Hook 'em up bari_benzo!

• 4 weeks later...

El Guapo and the Kilties rock!!! My friend Haraguchi has been e-mailing all of us at the Sonic Lancers during rehearsal today about the time he's been spending with you guys... and so far it's only been drinks in the hotel room... or at least that's all he's telling us :rock: