2006 Phantom

I wasn't taking a shot at you Steph.

It's just how I interpreted your post.

~>conner

OH I didn't think you were taking a shot at me, I was just a little confused at your response.

And btw you know I like you too, and we do disagree on some things, but geez isn't it MATURE how that works? Two people can have a different opinion about something and be civil and still like each other?

Wow...(sarcasm)..

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can make from this whole situation is these are two different corps with two different styles, one is not necessarily better than the other. The Cavaliers are entertaining with their GE and crowd pleasing tendencies while the PR does other things that make people happy. Different things are done for different people, maybe you didn't like their show but that doesn't mean you should make such a huge deal about it.

What about swapping all the trumpets for baritones for part of the ballad? According to Pat Seidling (January Camp Report) it's something that's "never been done in drum corps before."

I guess you could make a case for it being somewhat innovative. But it is a horn swap, which is not unusual...the different thing about it is that the whole line is doing it. I wonder if there really is no precedent for it...there have been a lot of drum corps shows that I haven't seen. I am aware of times when sections of the corps picked up horns (like Bluecoats, when they had the guard with sopranos). Eh...he could be right.

The other part of my forgetting it, aside from the fact that I forget things, is that the change is seamless...for something innovative, it's barely noticed at all. Same lush Regiment low brass, just more of it. My response is, of course, :whistle: .

X

XX

XXX

Survey Says!

Too much Game show network uh? :P I love "Family Fued"...but with Richard Dawson.. b**bs

Oops sorry off topic..

Anybody ever watch that show "Match Game"?

Edited by Lancerlady

I think we're getting a bit too technical about this.

Who cares what is innovative, and what isn't innovative, as long as it's fun and entertaining. If a corps can put on an exciting show with well executed drill that is similar to drill from the 90s or 80s, then let them put that show on. What does it matter as long as the show is enjoyable?

Anybody ever watch that show "Match Game"?

Didn't Gene Rayburn host the DCI telecast?

Didn't Gene Rayburn host the DCI telecast?

Very good, yes he did... that'd be a good trivia question. Yes it was 1976 and 1977 I believe..

Very good, yes he did... that'd be a good trivia question. Yes it was 1976 and 1977 I believe..

Yay! Where's the lovely prize package?

Starting with a BRAND NEW CAR!!!

ford_pinto.jpg

[note: exploding pinto. Do not drive under any circumstances]