Mon Valley Express

Jeff, and all the wonderful people at MVE.

How sad it is to hear of this misfortune. :laugh:

I hope you all do well with parades and standstills.

It is one of the things I miss most about not being in an active group.

Let me know if you get anymore Gigs up north here.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the MVE crew still planning on taking the weekend trip up to DCA's to still at least make an appearance & watch everyone else kick butt on the field?

Is the MVE crew still planning on taking the weekend trip up to DCA's to still at least make an appearance & watch everyone else kick butt on the field?

We have 10 rooms reserved for saturday.Drive up in the am saturday,watch prelims and after the sunday festivities come home.

Edited by jeff danchik

'Tis a sad, sad thing. Best of luck to MVE... I know my life would feel fairly empty if my corps stopped competing.

'Tis a sad, sad thing. Best of luck to MVE... I know my life would feel fairly empty if my corps stopped competing.

The difference between competing and exhibition is only the score :) If that's important there's always judged exhibition :)

No one says we have to standstill to do it b**bs

I'll be going up, so if you go you'll still have your bus buddy(even though it'll be more like vand buddy). It'll be fun.

MVE, will be thinking of you when we perform, and thankful for the opportunity we have had to grow. We'd love for you guys to hang out with us Sat night after the show. No concrete plans on how we may party down - there is a possibility we could get "one more show" & there wouldn't be a lot of beverage activity in that case.

Sunday night?

Heh....different story.

Edited by radiosteele

MVE, will be thinking of you when we perform, and thankful for the opportunity we have had to grow. We'd love for you guys to hang out with us Sat night after the show. No concrete plans on how we may party down - there is a possibility we could get "one more show" & there wouldn't be a lot of beverage activity in that case.

Sunday night?

Heh....different story.

When it rains it pours.We just had our rooms sold out from underneath us plus about 65 other rooms. We have rooms at another place but at $200 more.So we'll hook up as soon as I know exactly where we are at. Kudos to JoAnne at DEPREZ for dealing quickly with the issue. :(

That sucks your rooms got sold!

If you have enough of your people still going to Rochester, what about entering the emsemble or mini corps competition. It would be a good way to keep things going.

Alot of us will work too late friday to do that. Ya it seems the hotel was able to get $30 a night more by selling the 75 rooms the convention bureau had reserved. It effects the 65 other rooms alot more than us. I hope it wasn't another corps. That's another $1900 to somebody.Anybody else at the Days Inn Thruway effected?

Edited by jeff danchik