I warned you about Waffle House. Not just the one in Rockmart but also the one in Cartersville. Last year my son ordered a waffle (imagine that) and it took over 45 minutes to be served. It's universal at Waffle House. We were outside Denver years ago and they didn't have silver ware, only knives.

I remember that one... he and I were almost asleep when we finally got our waffles. They need to be notified about DCA South shows there and staff accordingly.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang it Ed... you had me going crazy for a moment.. you said WH and I started wondering where the heck the WING HOUSE was in Rockmart ??? :sumo:

But I get it now Waffle House

He said Wing House :wub::huh::worthy::sleep::wall:

Somehow,,Rockmart was just not the same without the Winghouse yell!

Ok,,here is my Rockmart review,,,

I got to hear Jackson Generals from the prep area and from what I heard,,they sounded good.

Only corps I got to see was the Corpsvets.

Much improved over the last time I saw them in Maryland.

Gaurd is smoking hott.I generally dont like props on the field but the dice adds a great general effect to the show.

Drumline is tight as a tick.You guys are going to kick butt in Rochester this year.

Hornline played really well in the opener and throughout the show.

I love Copa but it needs a few more impact points and highlights for it to come off really strong.Seems like it is there at times and at other times,,,not so much.The arrangment is solid,,,just needs a bit of tweaking here and there.It could be a little more heavy in the higher voices.

Great Solo work from everyone,,especially the sopranos.Man that sop section is smokin.

Keep up the good work.I really expect to see you guys in the top 5 this year.

PS:I really missed having retreat this year.I know it can be a pain and it means everyone is another hour getting away from the school but I simply love to hear the corps march off the field.

Edited by camel lips

Really? Are those frozen and thawed in the microwave, too? :worthy:

Pretty much!

Now THERE'S a problem we just don't ever have here in the Northeast!!!

:)

AMEN to that! It's a problem here in the Midwest as well as in the South. All-night diners are few and far between. I NEVER thought I would ever hear myself saying this but, "I miss New Jersey". But that's the ONLY reason!

Yikes!!

Edited by K2SMA

...PS:I really missed having retreat this year.I know it can be a pain and it means everyone is another hour getting away from the school but I simply love to hear the corps march off the field.

Ed, I'll second that. As this year's DCAS title tilt was only a five-corps show, I was surprised to hear that there was a DM-only retreat. We'll have to discuss this with Vic for when we host the show next year. Whaddaya think?