allentown thoughts

Did you notice any volume of people leaving when Bayonne came on? That would REALLY be a shame. I hope there weren't many.

way too many. i dont get why they waited til after scores to let Bayonne play. that may have added to the reason people left. but, i did hear people around me say "oh, old guys, time to go shopping"

and they weren't exactly young people who said it.

their loss

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"build up to the closer again ruined by narration. however the show finishes very strong. quite honestly,, you take the narration out of this show, clean up the drumline, and you have a corps that should be beating Colts and maybe nipping at Spirit's heels."

I saw Blue Stars last night, and while I respect your opinion of the narration, and agree that it is unnecessary in some points, I disagree that it detracts from the show to the degree that they are being penalized from a score standpoint. You are making the case that if they take away the narration it will result in an increase in score, and I think from a theme standpoint it actually fits well with the show. I still think the narration is "unnecessary", as the corps plays very well and could easily communicate the show without the narration, but I definitely don't think that it is hurting their score. Thanks for the review.

-FCO

i think it will help...up high you cant hear the corps playing behind the talking, especially in that gorgeous intro. luckily i heard a tape of the corps playing sans bable, and it was outstanding, and made the build to the hit that much better and effective.

4 basses? wow. missing one?

Yes, Jeff. Bass 5, Nick Curci from Ca, was admitted to Reading Hospital Sat. AM. The whole corps, staff & volunteers are praying for his recovery. His dad is flying in today. It doesn't look like he'll be able to march finals week, but we'll wait and see. BTW he has a twin in SCV.

PS I've enjoyed reading your posts here (& on RAMD 3-5 years ago; I've given up on it recently).

ya couldnt tell until i saw the drill hole...the other 4 did a great job covering his parts.

4 basses? wow. missing one?

Yes, Jeff. Bass 5, Nick Curci from Ca, was admitted to Reading Hospital Sat. AM. The whole corps, staff & volunteers are praying for his recovery. His dad is flying in today. It doesn't look like he'll be able to march finals week, but we'll wait and see. BTW he has a twin in SCV.

PS I've enjoyed reading your posts here (& on RAMD 3-5 years ago; I've given up on it recently).

We all hope for Nick's speedy recovery. The Reading Hospital and Medical Center is a fantastic facility - I know he's in good hands.

-DocZ