• Santa Clara Vanguard
  3. 3. Percussion

• Blue Devils
    • Bluecoats
    • Cadets
    • Cavaliers
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard

I haven't seen SCV's entire show, but Madison' is harder than all the other's on your list that I have seen.

I keep hearing that SCV has a doozy too. And the ending is WAY cool (saw that on the SCV Website).

Edited by bradrick

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait... do 6 people actually believe Phantom'd drill is the hardest in DCI 2006, or are they just blindly voting Phantom?

Sometimes the answers of these polls crack me up!

Wait... do 6 people actually believe Phantom'd drill is the hardest in DCI 2006, or are they just blindly voting Phantom?

I'll take answer B.

I think clearly some people mix up "most effective" with "hardest." Great designers, specifically visual designers, write things that look obscenely hard or complex but in reality is easy for the individual performers.

Just a thought.

I think clearly some people mix up "most effective" with "hardest." Great designers, specifically visual designers, write things that look obscenely hard or complex but in reality is easy for the individual performers.

Just a thought.

Puhlease tell me you are not talking about Phantom's drill as being the "most effective." Seriously!

My biggest problem with their show is the drill. I think the fast moving drill in the ballad is very out of place... IMO it's the least effective drill in the top 6 as far as setting the drill to the music.

I am more concerned with all the votes going to Bluecoats in ANY of these captions - good - yes, "hardest" - uh, no.

Puhlease tell me you are not talking about Phantom's drill as being the "most effective." Seriously!

My biggest problem with their show is the drill. I think the fast moving drill in the ballad is very out of place... IMO it's the least effective drill in the top 6 as far as setting the drill to the music.

Uhhh... no. I have no idea why you would gather that from my post.

I was talking about the Cavaliers, whose drill is by far the best from an effect standpoint. I just simply don't think that (effective design) = (difficultly for individuals). It is probably closer to the opposite, as corps with drill that isn't as well designed being difficult to march (anyone seen Scouts this summer?).

Part of great design is making the performers job as easy as possible to look fantastic.

Edited by kas87

Uhhh... no. I have no idea why you would gather that from my post.

I was talking about the Cavaliers, whose drill is by far the best from an effect standpoint. I just simply don't think that (effective design) = (difficultly for individuals). It is probably closer to the opposite, as corps with drill that isn't as well designed being difficult to march (anyone seen Scouts this summer?).

Part of great design is making the performers job as easy as possible to look fantastic.

Oh, I thought it was a reply to the post I had before you... is all.

I agree that difficult drill does not always equal most effect, but... this year, the most difficult just happens to be the most effective.