DCI.org has ARRIVED

I would just like to announce to the activity - heck - the WORLD that DCI.org has officially arrived.

Here it is - Quarterfinals morning and on the home page we have:

A Mike Boo article about I&E

Parking tips for Quarterfinal attendees

II/III Semifinal Lineup

Video on DCI Press Conference Move to Indy

FAQ - Move to Indy

II/III Prelims Photo Gallery

Latest Scores

Special Announcements including Live theater list, 2007 Championship dates, DCI Judging Primer - etc -- all those little nuggets folks just tunning into the activity come finals week might be looking for

DCI Season Pass Videos

ADP

Field Pass

The Beat Videoblog

All I have to say to DCI & the entire DCI.org crew - well done in moving this site forward consistently during the past three years.

The internet is the way to reach (affordably) the next generation of corps participants, parents & fans / leveraging this media as strongly as they are is extremely meaningful for the future of our activity.

The internet is the go-to-source for information for young people - they (potential members) embrace this media more than any other population segment. Very very important we leverage this as powerfully as possible.

DCI.org - you've arrived. Its official. Four stars all the way!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

:ph34r:

Edited by George

The scores were sometimes posted BEFORE they were announced in the stadium (from the live feed). Wow, good job.

Bravo to Ricky, Ed and Christina!

Ahem. (Clears throat...waits...clears throat again.)

And don't forget communications manager and a multitude of other responsibilities taken on by Chris Weber, Tri Vuong, who is new and totally behind the scenes but is busy 25 hours a day, Matt Chavez who is helping out with the video angle, Emily Tannert, who is developing into being a great writer, plus the aforementioned Ricky Fritzsching, who has reinvented the framework upon with DCI.org rests, and Christina Mavroudis-Dempsey, who's goal it is to talk with everyone who has ever stepped on the field. Ed Dempsey has a multitude of responsibilities handling sponsors, which is outside of DCI.org.

Edited by Michael Boo

Ahem. (Clears throat...waits...clears throat again.)

And don't forget communications manager and a multitude of other responsibilities taken on by Chris Weber, Tri Vuong, who is new and totally behind the scenes but is busy 25 hours a day, Matt Chavez who is helping out with the video angle, Emily Tannert, who is developing into being a great writer, plus the aforementioned Ricky Fritzsching, who has reinvented the framework upon with DCI.org rests, and Christina Mavroudis-Dempsey, who's goal it is to talk with everyone who has ever stepped on the field. Ed Dempsey has a multitude of responsibilities handling sponsors, which is outside of DCI.org.

DCI is on a roll with great things happening!! The DCI.org Quarterfinals stuff, a new home in Indy not to forget sealing a deal with a city that wants DCI!!!

I remember some years ago many people having their way with all DCI was doing wrong (and much of it, unfortunately, was true).

Mr. Acheson, et all mentioned is Mr. Boo's posting, as well as the rest of the DCI staff are to be congratulated!!!

I think all of us in fandom can have our opinions (and we share them freely-- b**bs ), but I'll take today's DCI over the DCI of 15 years ago anytime!!! It's not a perfect organization, but they are trying to make it one.