Have you ever made a show changed?

When we were pretty much our own staff in 2000, stuff got added and taken out frequently.

Heh. Yeah, I heard from a friend of mine who marched Tarheel Sun for about a week in '99 that things were pretty similar that year. He joined up after PC's tour and was more than a little surprised with the corps. I can't imagine how you could function being your "own staff."

This one time, I gave George advice on Garfield, on a section of guard work that I thought should be tweeked and why.

By the next show the section of guard work had been re written and he told me to watch for it......

There are many others but that one stands out in my head as a special one.

Heh. Yeah, I heard from a friend of mine who marched Tarheel Sun for about a week in '99 that things were pretty similar that year. He joined up after PC's tour and was more than a little surprised with the corps. I can't imagine how you could function being your "own staff."

Yeah, it was a wild ride. Before all days were over, we had lost our percussion caption head and visual caption head. The brass staff was a revolving door and at one point, we had no brass staff with us on tour. At Allentown, our brass warm ups were done a visual tech/bus driver who had just aged out the year before. Our head DM and one of the guard captains quit halfway into tour. A couple of members just quit after their home shows. No announcements, just left. :grouphug:

The lead baritones in 91 got away with adding a few licks into the show that year. But then again our 91 bari/euph line had over 100 combined years experience.

Ken

Edited by KLHilberg