SCUM Myspaced page

Dumb, uninformed question here:

What does S.C.U.M. stand for? (If it, indeed, can be printed here in public!)

Hey, what do I know.... I was a French horn player. :P

Fran

Senior Contra Union Member

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Tocatta & Fugue in G!

Any Suggestions on what we can play for music with all these big horns?

I have an arrangement of Mission Impossible (the original) for 4 or 5 Contras. We could do that.

how fast could we distribute music so people of our kind can start practicing, we can figure out an exact time frame of where to perform

I think it was 2 years ago, maybe 3 when someones (Renegades?) contras did Crazy Train...then posted it online. I don't know if it's still out there, or if they would mind it being recycled, but it was a pretty cool arrangement.

I was going to check and see if we had our old Bayou City Blues arrangement of Happy Trails entered into a computer somewhere - it would be pretty easy that way to transpose the non-contra parts into contra parts...of course, our contra parts are what we refer to as Texas Clef - transposed over so that the fingerings are the same as a Bb tuba, but on the G-horns.

Whatever we come up with, hopefully we can transpose it for all - I can think of the contras that play music written for G-bugle in treble clef, G-bugle in bass clef, G-bugle transposed to Bb bass clef, and I suppose Bb tuba.

As far as distribution, I think the best way would be to post it online - we have several "easter eggs" on our website that gets you into our super secret areas - in fact, here is the link to our S.C.U.M. page that we threw together a couple years ago after the debut of S.C.U.M. South - take a look, there's pics and music, and even a recording of our performance in Rockmart!

http://gulfcoastsound.org/scum/

I'm sure I could convince our Director (who also does the site adminstration, as well as wants to play contra) to host the music we come up with.

Let's do it!

I'd go for Mission Impossible.

Dumb, uninformed question here:

What does S.C.U.M. stand for? (If it, indeed, can be printed here in public!)

Hey, what do I know.... I was a French horn player. :P

Fran

I believe, but could be wrong, that SCUM was started by Steve Ganges of The Hurricanes. (sp?) He had a message board on Delphi.com at one time. It may still exist.