Placement Bogles My Mind

It still is beyond my mind , how there is little or no movement in placings at these Finals. With all the close scoring there was/is,,, how the #### can there only be 1 or 2 corps movement between Qrtrs and Semis? It is literally IMPOSSIBLE for the same corps to perform the same way or calibur from one day to the next.

The whole thing is rigged, I swear to God it is. Really ,,Truley, For sure,,Without a doubt. And thats a fact. The odds of this happening are staggering.

No matter what DCI says. PERIOD

Plus it isn't "exciting" its BORIIIIIIIIIIIIING !!! :blink: <**>

It still is beyond my mind , how there is little or no movement in placings at these Finals. With all the close scoring there was/is,,, how the #### can there only be 1 or 2 corps movement between Qrtrs and Semis? It is literally IMPOSSIBLE for the same corps to perform the same way or calibur from one day to the next.

The whole thing is rigged, I swear to God it is. Really ,,Truley, For sure,,Without a doubt. And thats a fact. The odds of this happening are staggering.

Plus it isn't "exciting" its BORIIIIIIIIIIIIING !!! :unsure: <**>

Not every championship can have the drama of 1968. I see from your signature that you were part of the 1st to 5th (?) disaster. Looking at the years you were in Des Plaines I'd love to have traded places with you (c'mon Miami alums; humor me).

Plus it isn't "exciting" its BORIIIIIIIIIIIIING !!! :unsure: <**>

dude, are you serious?

Phantom beat BD ONCE the entire season, and it was finals.

Bluecoats went from 6th to 4th in one day.

Crown and BK were a major fight.

Boston and Madison were fighting, and ended up switching spots.

SCV went from 6th to 5th to 6th.

The Cadets were 4th both quarters and semis, and 5th tonight.

And if there were to many changes, what would you call it? inconsistent judging?

get real.

~>conner

I totally agree with the original poster, except that it isn't "rigged", it's just the way judging works. This year may have had some excitement at the end, but for the most part, all the corps finished as planned, there were no surprises. Everyone could see PR passing BD, Bluecoats over Cadets, etc...so I don't think they should go as far as "Bluecoats beat Cavies and jump from 6th to 1st!", but it should be a little more flexible.

I made a post awhile back about withholding the scores from the public (and corps). What if that had happened this week? No one would know how far/close they are to each other, leaving us with uber excitement.

I don't want to wake up the day of finals and tell myself the Cavaliers (or any corps in the future for that matter) have already won. It was an exciting and competitive 2006, but this was the exception, and it could've been much more.

of course it's "rigged"; it's adjudicated.

People with opinions, allegiances, problems, judging an activity that, to my mind, has become very close to impossible to judge at the highest level.

Every top 12 performance was kick ###. The cumulative improvements in computer drill and music design, digital runthrus, better athletes, better *ahem* equipment. Take a mid-pack show this year back to 1982 and watch the judges heads explode.

I love drum corps, I am not so into the scoring. But without competition there would be a lessening in the commitment levels.

I annoy people, can't help it, and I got to ask annoying questions of the show coordinator at Wildwood in a bar after the gig. I get it.

I would never be a judge, god love 'em, "music educators", they are certainly birds of a feather.

And lastly, controversy and hot stove league stuff is the essence of the "Summer Music Games" *rotfl*, now it'll be about,"0oo, my DVD's came today!"

And, thankfully, it goes on.

Thank you, Vanguard members, staff and supporters for another year of class, heritage and tradition. Thank you to all the teams in world championship pageantry arts. Thank you fans.

Now I need to go practice.

Preach on, brother Aborigine!

Funny thing is, and you and I have had this conversation, is that, except perhaps for the performers, what to the scores/placements REALLY matter to us armchair corps directors, now that the scoring is done? While some may remember certain things about this years scores / placements (BD's choke hold on years ending in 6 slipping away, Bluecoats highest placement ever, Phantom and SCV's strong resurgence, Blue Knights highest finish in years, etc), most will forget these things and start their own personal "second season".

The scoring of the second season is how much we listed to CDs or APDs of the corps from this year. As I posted before, my cd player knows no score, only which corps I enjoy listening to. I can tell you that the "champions" from many years are rarely the most played. Not that I don't like them, but often my favorite show(s) from any year are NOT the ones that finished with a ring. Heck, in my brief "career" the show that I have the most pride in was the show that finished the lowest of any of Suncoast's finals appearances.

Congrats to all corps on a wonderful season, and I hope that you all got everything out of it that you desired!

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum

Maybe the corps should have finished the way they ended up this Saturday.

What do people expect? Judges to shift corps around just for the sake of excitement and drama? That would be no more legitimate then slotting.