BLUECOATS PEAK?

Just got off the phone with someone at the show and they said Dennis DeLucia was talking about the Bluecoats peaking on the BROADCAST?! Seriously, WTF? C'mon Dennis, got no problem with good old fashioned commentary, but keep the gloves up next time chief!

PS, you were wrong.

DW

Is that the same Dennis DeLucia that said on last years telecast that the Cadets show was the best drum corps show he had ever seen?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GO BLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Congrats on a terrific ending to a terrific season!!!

I know I'll be looking for more from you guys next year!

Hold on a second... I just realized that on day of Finals, the Bluecoats had to say to themselves:

"Tonight, in order to maintain a finish in the top four - a spot we worked hard to EARN all season, we have to go on after a break and beat the Santa Clara Vanguard and the Cadets - two of the GREATEST drum corps in HISTORY! - and we go on BEFORE them - AND we have to do it with a color guard that Curtis Costanza is CONVINCED hasn't improved since mid-July."

Not only did they accomplish that, they were3rd in Brass - ahead of the Blue Devils AND they were 3rd in Drums to only BD and Phantom Regiment.

That has got to be one of the most amazing achievements EVER!!!

They did NOT peak too early - they peaked on Finals night.

The show was NOT too easy.

They did NOT crumble under the pressure.

They SURGED during Finals week.

The organization is only getting stronger - and the future is bright.

Next year when the Pre-Season Prediction threads start up...

remember this moment.

Edited by KFanti

You know, I figured something out on the way out of the stadium last night. Phantom finished less than half a point down from Cavvies. For a stretch in June/July, Bluecoats were consistently beating PR by over half a point. So in a roundabout way, the Coats WERE title contenders this year!

I have to say that although I love Cavies, Phantom and BD....tonight Bluecoats won my heart.

Well, they won My Heart And I :P