Rose Bowl Stadium. Finals 2007.

Is Rose Bowl Stadium good for DCI?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. How will the shows fare?

• Excellent- Wonderful views
    • Good/Sufficient
    • Bad
    • Terrible- I can't make out those forms!

Getting There This is L.A., so you MUST rent a car. Don't even think about taking public transportation. Traffic in L.A. on a Friday night is heavy, and ingress/egress to the stadium, which sits in a canyon, isn't ideal. So leave for the stadium early to avoid any problems.

However, Old Town Pasadena is a VERY short drive from the stadium, about 5 minutes (approximately a 40 minute/1.5 mile walk uphill ). There is a TON of stuff to do there -- many square blocks of shopping, great restaurants, movies, etc. And, of course, there is more to do in the Los Angeles metro area than in any of the cities where DCI has ever been held. Period. Before you say "Orlando," remember that we've also got a Disneyland and Universal City . . . AND beaches, museums, shopping, historical sites, etc.

Hear hear! ^OO^

I can't imagine anyone going to DCI without a rental car :laugh: When I went to Madison and Denver I had a car. Glad I did, because I got to visit places like Rocky Mountain National Park because of it!

And yeah, places like The Getty Center, Disneyland, Universal Studios, Hollywood walk of fame, Venice Beach, etc. make L.A. a tourist mecca! So plan on coming out early and spending a few days visiting sunny Southern California and all it has to offer B) Oh yeah...and don't forget to bring money! b**bs

Edited by PeeWee

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I agree. I love the less congested bathrooms and concessions and all that. What I meant was that once the shows started, I missed the energy of being surrounded by a large crowd and standing and cheering as one with 20,000. Once the show was over and it was time for a beer (hey, another great advantage to professional stadiums !!! :mmm: ), or to give one back, THEN the club level seating was worth every stinking penny!!!!

I'll be right there with you in Indy -- just saying that the Rose Bowl will bring a different experience in terms of the energy and symbiosis of the crowd. (Wow, that was a college word -- where did that come from ??)

The only problem is you have to sit with the crowd, or as those of us who prefer club level seating like to say, the unwashed masses. :bleah::blink:

personally I don't like people so the farther away from them I can get the better. :blink::laugh:

This is California so NOTHING is within walking distance. Once you park on the golf course at the Rose Bowl there will be no shops, restaurants, bars, etc. to walk to unless you get into your car and drive to them. However, old-Town Pasadena is filled with everything I just mentioned and it's a very short drive. It's the place everybody hangs out during the time of the Rose Bowl football game.

Also, you don't have to stay in Pasadena. There is a mass transit rail line (Gold Line), which originates from downtown Los Angeles into Pasadena.

Pros & Cons of Rosebowl

Pro - It's a beautiful stadium, and so is the surrounding neighborhood, with gorgeous views of the mountains.

Pro - The Anaheim Kingsmen will perform

Pro - The "sight lines" aren't that bad

Pro - There is a plaque outside the entrance, which shows each college football team that has played in the Rose Bowl game. Count how many times USC has been in it (hint: 29 times).

Pro - TONS of places to tailgate and for corps to practice.

Pro - DCI no longer has to feel guilty for NEVER having a championship in California despite California corps winning the title 17 (18 times?) out of 32.

Con - UCLA (aka UGLY) plays their form of football there, but they should be able to have the place fumigated by August & they NEVER play a game there on January 1st.

personally I don't like people so the farther away from them I can get the better. :blink::laugh:

Gotcha. If we accidentally bump elbows on the way to bathroom in the private club section at Indy, don't be alarmed or disgusted. I'm not really people, I just play one on tv ..... ^0^

LOL. The ghetto? It's in Pasadena, where rent for a studio apartment is like $1200 bucks a month! The boonies is more like it. There are many multi-million dollar homes around there.

I haven't walked around right by the stadium, but driving by, I don't recall seeing too much.

I lived in Pasadena. That town has more old money than anyone could ever count. The downtown is very fine and refplect that. From my experience, middle is the lowest economic class you will find in that town.