I missed the story about

I really loved the Mr. Moto concept for Vanguard this year.

starting and ending the show... always going around the field. really cool. I was on the very front row, about 5 yards away from where he begins his circle around the field. I also loved how he would do visuals and horn cues with the rest of the tpts.

I heard a RUMOR about how this was an improvised part for a performer who was injured during the season... is this true at all?

I really loved the Mr. Moto concept for Vanguard this year.

starting and ending the show... always going around the field. really cool. I was on the very front row, about 5 yards away from where he begins his circle around the field. I also loved how he would do visuals and horn cues with the rest of the tpts.

I heard a RUMOR about how this was an improvised part for a performer who was injured during the season... is this true at all?

He was a vet who was injured and couldn't march, so the design staff came up with the Mr. Moto concept. Worked out beautifully. Serendipitous.

Never saw the show but get the idea Mr Moto was wandering around.

Any idea how the name Mr Moto was picked???

Asking 'cause I'm a fan of old movies and only know of one Mr Moto. B)

The Mr. Moto with whom you're familiar was certainly the inspiration.

Moto Perpetuo... Mr. Moto... it writes itself!

I assumed it was just from the show title, "Moto Perpetuo", meaning always in motion.

Thank you both as putting together Mr. Lorres role and "perpetual motion" would sound like a good mix. Perhaps done at 2AM on a long bus ride but still a cool idea.

I asked a staff member and was told the concept was in the show prior to the leg injury that would prevent this member from marching. It originally was to be filled by an alternate.

I actually saw Mr Moto by himself. Myself and a good freind of mine were waiting on Regent St when I noticed a lone Vanguard marching by himself towards the stadium. He kept those toes up and walked "Im a ######" slowly. As he passed by you couldnt see his eyes due to the aussie. He was doing Vanguard proud.

That my friend is drum corps attitude Way to go Mr Moto!!!!!

in the thaeter interview he actually said his role was of Time marching forward. I don't believe Mr. Moto was Vanguards moniker for him.

in the thaeter interview he actually said his role was of Time marching forward. I don't believe Mr. Moto was Vanguards moniker for him.

But he marched counter-clockwise around the field :P