What Does it Cost to Run DCI ?

Not sure if this is a 'verbotten' topic or not and perhaps the DCP Moderators will squash it, but does anyone have any insight into what the annual DCI budget is including revenues ( royalties, show mgmt, corp fees etc. ) and specifically salaries of staff. I had seen a thread last year - which was withdrawn by DCP - which indicated Acheson was pulling in $95,000+ performance bonus + beneifts to manage the organization ?

There use to be a website that showed their tax forms----since they are non-profit. :laugh:

There use to be a website that showed their tax forms----since they are non-profit. :laugh:

According to IRS records, in 2005 DCI reported that Daniel Acheson made $95,004. Mark Goodmanson makes 85,000 as the Operations Director. Ricky Fritzching makes 58,370 as the web developer. David Wilson & Ed Dempsey both make just over 50,000 as the Website Content Manager and Alliance Manger, respectively.

This is all public record.

I am not commenting on how I feel about these salaries, just posting the information because someone asked.

I might work on a full analysis of Executive Director compensation in all Div. One corps. Might be interesting to see. Any interest?

Edited by Rudy Flyer

According to IRS records, in 2005 DCI reported that Daniel Acheson made $95,004. Mark Goodmanson makes 85,000 as the Operations Director. Ricky Fritzching makes 58,370 as the web developer. David Wilson & Ed Dempsey both make just over 50,000 as the Website Content Manager and Alliance Manger, respectively.

for higher end executives at a nonprofit of DCI's size, that operates (at least now) in the Chicago area, these salaries are reasonable!

The future looks bright for the direction of the activity

and all these guys are underpaid for the amount of time, energy and effort they put into our favorite activity.

Other than that, their salaries should not be a topic on this forum.

I am not commenting on how I feel about these salaries, just posting the information because someone asked.

I might work on a full analysis of Executive Director compensation in all Div. One corps. Might be interesting to see. Any interest?

I'd like to know the site you got that info from. I can do the research myself. No need to make you do the work for me.

for higher end executives at a nonprofit of DCI's size, that operates (at least now) in the Chicago area, these salaries are reasonable!

Indeed. I'd say Acheson is worth every penny and maybe more. Under 100K for an endeavor of this magnitude is a deal for DCI, the corps and the fans. Give Dan a raise. He deserves it.

HH

The future looks bright for the direction of the activity

and all these guys are underpaid for the amount of time, energy and effort they put into our favorite activity.

I agree completely. It seems to me that they are a bit underpaid as others have pointed out.

Other than that, their salaries should not be a topic on this forum.

Why?

Edited by bartyount