Blue Knights 06 Fans

First let me say I've seen every year's Blue Knights show since 1976.

I'm sure this was one of the cleanest and highest scoring, and I applaud the '06 corps for their accomplishment.

That being said, the 06 show was excruciatingly boring, even by BK standards.

Please play something, anything, actually entertaining in '07 !!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them at Allentown. I loved the blend that the brass had. It was just gorgeous. A lot of people around were kind of bored with the show, but I enjoyed the entire show. I wasn't expecting such a good show from them. I think i might go buy that APD.

I'm not a fan of Blue Knights but I can tell this drum corps is getting better and better every year. Congratulations on a great year and keep up the good work!!

I agree that our show this year was the "least audience accessible," but onething i came to realize over the course of this summer was that we never really stopped for anything in the show. I can also see that the show is definately not for everyone, but it really takes a few times watching the show to, first of all see everything that goes on visually/musically, and second of all to actually understand. i never once performed it for the crowd anyway, it was all for me and let me tell you that it was the best summer ive ever had. The show even took me sometime in the beginning to truly fall in love with, it was the most physically and mentally demanding show ive ever done...I was in love with that show, every single part.

Im not here to try and sway anyones point of view on the show, just wanted to come here and give my views and thank everyone for the comments

Current BK Member

Thanks for performing a great show! You gave me a performance that I'm going to listen to for a long time to come.

Agreed, but corps don't necessarily have to cater to those fans. I mean most visitors to museums are one time visitors, but should artists keep this in mind when doing a painting? I say it's art, and we should allow the artists (designers and performers) to present what they want.

Drum & bugle corps may be "art," but isn't it also supposed to be entertainment?

Drum & bugle corps may be "art," but isn't it also supposed to be entertainment?

It IS entertainment. Read back through this thread. I was entertained, as were MANY others. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not entertainment.

I don't like Janet Jackson, so I don't go to her concerts, I don't buy her CDs...and I don't complain about her on her message boards. That doesn't mean it's not entertainment, just that I don't like it.

Yeah, right ... it's "just" me. :blink:

Okay, so you didn't like the show, and you can find others who will back you up. But John did like the show, and he can also find others to back him up. So should the show be considered entertainment? Considering the fact that no show is going to please everybody, I'm going to side with John and his crew on this one.

I think it's amusing to see someone claim that a show is not entertaining, as if it is something that can ever extend beyond the individual. One should say: "I did not find it entertaining." Because, as this thread clearly shows, what works for some doesn't necessarily work for others. And I know that I might be in the minority, but I actually found the Cavaliers' show to be a complete bore this year, but I realize that many others would disagree with me. To each his own.

I also just want to say that I applaud BK for having a vision and sticking to it. I can't believe that in a time where everyone seems concerned with the homogenization of drum corps (I mean seriously, was there really a difference between Madison and Vanguard this year?) more people aren't supportive of those corps that do things a little differently. Perhaps it's because BK doesn't fit into any of the major geographical groups (East, West, or MidWest), but BK doesn't seem to fit into any molds, and that's one of the reasons why I am always so intrigued by their shows.