Looking for Japanese corps information around Tokyo

Ape

just curious that,

how far from Osaka to Okayama? I just 've been told from one of my friend in Tokyo that ".... possibly happen that 90% of Japanese you meet in every day life will not an English speaker. It doesn't mean that they can't speak, but they just don't wanna speak to foreiners......" I 'm trying to get a fastest lesson of Japanese communication, just for survive :) I just get some book of oftenly use conversation. Hopefully, it could help me.

I'm thinking no more than an hour, depending on which train you take, but I haven't been there myself, so I don't know for sure.

As for the 90% thing... you'll be surprised at how many people will try to speak English to you. I mean yeah, Japanese are not English speakers, but they'll speak it if they feel that either they have to (usually in a business situation), or they feel it's a good opportunity to show off what they know. You'll run into a bad egg every now and then, but it's rare, at least from my experience.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking no more than an hour, depending on which train you take, but I haven't been there myself, so I don't know for sure.

As for the 90% thing... you'll be surprised at how many people will try to speak English to you. I mean yeah, Japanese are not English speakers, but they'll speak it if they feel that either they have to (usually in a business situation), or they feel it's a good opportunity to show off what they know. You'll run into a bad egg every now and then, but it's rare, at least from my experience.

Eddie,

Which day are you performing at the Japan Cup? I'm planning on going, but I can only make it Sunday (if it's not too late). Is there a web site that I can check the time? even if it's in Japanese my wife can read it.

thanks,

Bob

PMed you :)

stupid double posting weruwptwiruhpsigushpg........

Edited by bari_benzo

• 4 weeks later...

็Hey guys,

I 'm leaving Thailand in 12 hours. I already plan of going to Okayama and Tokyo, JR pass ticket is already bought.

I don't really know ecactly my plan will be, but I will try to visit the Okayama event on 9th of Oct. But I also really want to visit many Tokyo corps, including marching band, The Soka. Unfortunately, I cant reach any contact of The Soka. I just get a reply from Ms.Miyuki of Yokohama Scouts which will participate Marching In Okayama. I just curious how 's The Robin and Inspire.

Just in case, I will be in Tokyo on 6-7th of October please give me some contacts, such as phone number or anything else, for me if I can't eventually get more information. I will try to find some internet overthere with bringing my computer along with me almost everywhere I 'll be.

Thanks so much, good luck for you all and.... me

I'll be in Japan in November. Any tips on seeing some drum corps with this schedule?

November 14-19 - Tokyo

November 19-27 - Fukuoka

November 27-30 - Tokyo

I'll be in Japan in November. Any tips on seeing some drum corps with this schedule?

November 14-19 - Tokyo

November 19-27 - Fukuoka

November 27-30 - Tokyo

you're coming about 2 weeks too late. Japan Regionals are on the weekend of November 5th. I can't think of any non-JMBA events that are occuring during those dates.

But if you have the time on the 19th, head to Akigase Park in Saitama (just north of Tokyo) and you'll find about 5 different groups rehearsing there (if it's not raining).

Tokyo Phoenix, Cherry Blossoms, Sonic Lancers, Genesis, Spirit of Stars.

Just take the JR Musashino Line from Tokyo to Nishi-Urawa Station. The walk is about 20 minutes. Doubt you would be able to make it, but if you can, pm me and I'll see what I can do in directing you there.

I 've been here in Osaka for almost 30 hours. Things are incredible great, food, place, people. I will head to Tokyo coming morning and will reach there before noon. Unfortunately thatI need to head back here again on th 7th of Oct. Nut, I 'm sure that I will see the activity of The Yokohama Scouts. I still want to see Tokyo corps during 6-7 of October. Any corps practice or rehears on that day?

And how about after 9th of Oct, I really want to talk to as many corps as I can to get some idea. I decide to write an article about Japanese drum corps for Thai people which mostly know only DCI and Aimachi Macrhing Band.

I 've been here in Osaka for almost 30 hours. Things are incredible great, food, place, people. I will head to Tokyo coming morning and will reach there before noon. Unfortunately thatI need to head back here again on th 7th of Oct. Nut, I 'm sure that I will see the activity of The Yokohama Scouts. I still want to see Tokyo corps during 6-7 of October. Any corps practice or rehears on that day?

And how about after 9th of Oct, I really want to talk to as many corps as I can to get some idea. I decide to write an article about Japanese drum corps for Thai people which mostly know only DCI and Aimachi Macrhing Band.

You're not going to find many rehearsals either today or tomorrow (especially since it's raining). However, The Yokohama Scouts will be in Okayama on the 9th.

Edited by bari_benzo

So it's time for Okayama. I am really excited. I won't be there because of

my job, though.

Ape, pls check out the Jokers , the corps which I write musics for. It's

their first show of the season. Anyway I'll be happy if they do fine and

you enjoy a good trip.

Eddie, I (and the Jokers) miss the Sonic!!

Ken "geritubo" Nojiri

Arranger for the Jokers, Kyoto

Have a good weekend, guys!