Southwind uniform concept

I know that with Southwind, it's sort of become semi-official, but am I the only one who absolutely hates it when the word "team" is applied to a drum & bugle corps, as if they were some run-of-the-mill activity like baseball or basketball. This is drum corps! It's a "corps," not a "team." :lol:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, I've called them that for some time and def. did NOT mean it in ANY negative way.

just sayin'

Love it!

Add a yellow SW script to the shako and it's about perfect.

Like I said, I do know that. I still don't like the sound of it. - LOL - :lol:

Didn't the whole "team" thing come from when there were 3 corps in the MDBCA?!?! It also worked well with the stoplight theme.

Green Team = Madison Scouts

Yellow Team = Southwind

Red Team = Capital Sound

?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Alright... I've got my goof with the drum major's drop corrected and uploaded... thanks for catching that, Rai-mello.

I want to explore some different possibilities with the front of the shako. The modern, sharp lines in this concept don't really mesh well with the current "SW" monogram, so I'm hoping I can come up with something that works a little better in it's place.

I appreciate the comments that everyone has been leaving for these. I've had a rough, uninspiring stretch with the design I've been doing at my 9-to-5, so this has been a nice little outlet for me. Thanks for checking them out. :)

I know that with Southwind, it's sort of become semi-official, but am I the only one who absolutely hates it when the word "team" is applied to a drum & bugle corps, as if they were some run-of-the-mill activity like baseball or basketball. This is drum corps! It's a "corps," not a "team." :lol:

...but they're playing a sport, so team is perfectly acceptable-- Oh wait, wrong thread... My bad. B)