Just to warm up to....

Yep. I heard from a few directors why they didn't want to do the off-season was because of the multiple years that I implimented. And I completely understand. It was also overwhelming for me. That's why I still stuck with the multiple years format but decided to average them. I will make things interestings now but not as time consuming.

I think its an awesome way of doing it! :rolleyes: it might not be "easy" but it will make it so its not so clear from day one who will sin either! I think you did a great job on this from what you have stated...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump...

These are the values for the captions. You can submit your corps captions in the format that is stated in the DCP-I rules. No scores will be available for anyone to see, they will come as after each day's performance (like the live season).

Please email them DCPFantasy@hotmail.com. Jeff and I both read that account and will populate the spreadsheet as we receive the infomation.

When will the rules be updated with the passed proposals?

Bump...

These are the values for the captions. You can submit your corps captions in the format that is stated in the DCP-I rules. No scores will be available for anyone to see, they will come as after each day's performance (like the live season).

Please email them DCPFantasy@hotmail.com. Jeff and I both read that account and will populate the spreadsheet as we receive the infomation.

Is there a website similar to FDCI, where each corps has a page showing the results for given season with each show they performed? Or I guess we will find out the average score from (averages of the years) each night of our DCP performances? I'm kinda reluctant to submit scores right now, because I want to see how corps scored. All we can rely on, is DCI Championships finals week results, and I guess that is all that really matters anyway, since those scores will count in the end.

I just wanted to know how you were getting these scores from the 01, 03, and 05 years, and if you could share those with the rest of us. Just the SCORES, not how you averaged them for each season. Maybe you can give us the link to a website you used. This will also help when we think there may have been an "error" with our scores. How will we know if the average score is not out of no where (I am not saying this is going to happen)? But we do deserve to know where our scores are coming from.

Anyone else care to chime in. A site similar to FDCI or the like would be helpful.

Is there a website similar to FDCI, where each corps has a page showing the results for given season with each show they performed? Or I guess we will find out the average score from (averages of the years) each night of our DCP performances? I'm kinda reluctant to submit scores right now, because I want to see how corps scored. All we can rely on, is DCI Championships finals week results, and I guess that is all that really matters anyway, since those scores will count in the end.

I just wanted to know how you were getting these scores from the 01, 03, and 05 years, and if you could share those with the rest of us. Just the SCORES, not how you averaged them for each season. Maybe you can give us the link to a website you used.

It won't be as fancy as FDCI but I can put up the past season scores. That shouldn't be hard to do. :worthy:

It won't be as fancy as FDCI but I can put up the past season scores. That shouldn't be hard to do. :worthy:

It's okay, fancy is not needed. What scores will be posted? Just Championships week or day to day scores? You could probably do better off by linking a file/spreadsheet to a website, and allowing each director to download it as they see fit.

I would prefer to see some sort of daily recap. How else can I determine where the "values" are? :P

Or even in a pinned thread "Daily Recaps". Some people will be concerned with cheaters and the coping of captions but I think we all make an effort to play fair.

To think about it, it wouldn't have to be every day. Every 3rd day or so, leave a little mistery in there. Once a week might be too long of a time.

I would prefer to see some sort of daily recap. How else can I determine where the "values" are? :P

Or even in a pinned thread "Daily Recaps". Some people will be concerned with cheaters and the coping of captions but I think we all make an effort to play fair.

To think about it, it wouldn't have to be every day. Every 3rd day or so, leave a little mistery in there. Once a week might be too long of a time.

This was kind of what I was thinking. Afterall, nobody has any ideas how the scores were going to be on the first day of the live season. You created your corps and then POOF!, scores started appearing and you made adjustment to your captions. The only added thing I would do was list the corps that have a "live" score. People were "cheating" on FDCI because they were able to see the captions of the other corps also.

Example:

Dec. 30, 2006

.............................. Effect......Visual............Music

.............................. Vis...Mus...Perf..Ens...Clgd..Brss..Ens...Perc1 Perc2 Score

Kiwanis Kavaliers............. 11.95 11.35 12.55 10.90 11.20 11.80 12.95 11.90 11.90 58.950

Pioneer....................... 11.85 12.50 11.95 11.95 11.50 11.90 12.65 12.40 12.40 60.525

Troopers...................... 12.05 12.10 13.20 11.50 12.60 12.15 12.20 11.40 11.40 60.675

Esperanza..................... 12.90 14.60 13.10 12.90 13.20 12.30 13.90 14.80 14.80 67.600

Pacific Crest................. 13.75 13.75 14.00 13.45 14.15 13.20 13.20 13.60 13.60 68.300

Mandarins..................... 14.30 14.10 14.55 14.50 14.15 12.95 13.60 13.90 13.90 70.225

Southwind..................... 12.50 13.60 13.00 13.05 13.05 13.25 13.80 12.75 12.75 65.550

etc.

etc.

etc.

(don't worry about Perc1 and Perc2, you're percussion score is the average of the two)

(btw, these are just some of the real caption scores for Dec. 30, 2006....you got yourself a little hint :worthy: )

Edited by sburstall

I like both ideas. I think toward the middle of the season, you can stop posting the recaps, because at that point, everyone should have an idea of where the trends are going. A few seasons ago, I know for a fact directors were cheating... There is no way you can go from 22nd place to a 6th place corps during the last few shows of finals week (i.e. Brass Ablaze). Maybe only post certain scores (like you said "live scores") but do not post generated scores in the full recaps that you do. Either way, you can't stop the cheating, unless you post up the results for part of the day, then take them off. And condence the recap, by just doing the total caption score and score for each corps--without listing the sub captions.

My reasoning for FDCI was to see individual DCI corps... so if I wanted to compare Phantom 01, 03, and 05, I could easily do that. Now I will have to go off something I can't even check.