DCA 2006 is off to a great start

JohnD

DCA 2006 is off to a great start - with the I&E and MiniCorps competition this evening in Rochester. The rain hasn't arrived yet - so things were cool and dry this evening. The Clarion Hotel and Riverside Convention Center provided great venues for the competition - right in the midst of downtown Rochester, along the Genessee River.

After a very successful showcase of talent in the I&E competitions - attention was turned to the MiniCorps competition at the Convention Center, which hosted some 2500+ fans.

Tonite's results were:

9th - Govies

8th - Heat Wave

7th - SoCal Dream

6th - Erie Thunderbirds

5th - Ghost Riders

4th - Minne Brass 93.0

3rd - Mass Brass 93.5

2nd - Renegades 94.25

1st - Star United 94.5

.... with every minicorps turning in a great show tonite.

The evening was capped with a mass hornline playing "Auld Lange Syne" - conducted by Hall of Fame inductee, Ken Norman.

We're hoping for dry weather tomorrow .... but the show will go on (unless there's lightning), according to DCA President Gil Silva. From everything I've seen so-far - David Bruni, Allen Buell and the entire host committee has done a spectacular job in getting things ready for this weekend .... and we're ready to go.

Be sure to watch DCP closely over the next few days as we bring you updates from the DCA Championships live from the stadium. We have a whole list of guest "play-by-play" and "color" commentators lined-up to help bring the DCA show to you. While it is NOTHING like being here in-person ...... it is the next best thing.

From Rochester,

-john

Thanks for the update!

MAV...waiting anxiously for I&E scores...cause I need to 'get my geek on'

Star United is made-up of alumni of Star of Indiana .... and boy where they clean last night.

The entire scores/results from last night's I&E and Minicorps are now posted on the DCP Front Page or you may go directly to the page here.

There's an intermittent light drizzle this morning .... so we're going to make our way over to the stadium and see if we can get our network setup for this afternoon's coverage from the show. We'll keep you up-to-date here on DCP.

From Rochester,

-john