A BIG Thank You

Thurs nite, we were still without our equipment as our equipment truck & driver for various reasons was running way behind, enough to have deprived us of drums & contras for that day's rehearsal.

That night, by the time our scheduled Minicorps rehearsal came around, we were STILL without contras, and thanks to the generosity and goodwill of the CorpsVets contra line, we were loaned two horns to rehearse with, and I know our performance Friday would probably have been impacted had we not had two contras to play with Thurs nite.

Thank you for trusting that we would treat your horns carefully and with respect, and thank you for being the cool CorpsVets we've all come to know and love.

See you all at DCA next year. Corps Vets, I can't thank you enough for your help that night. You're a class act thru and thru.

• 3 weeks later...
Thurs nite, we were still without our equipment as our equipment truck & driver for various reasons was running way behind, enough to have deprived us of drums & contras for that day's rehearsal.

That night, by the time our scheduled Minicorps rehearsal came around, we were STILL without contras, and thanks to the generosity and goodwill of the CorpsVets contra line, we were loaned two horns to rehearse with, and I know our performance Friday would probably have been impacted had we not had two contras to play with Thurs nite.

Thank you for trusting that we would treat your horns carefully and with respect, and thank you for being the cool CorpsVets we've all come to know and love.

See you all at DCA next year. Corps Vets, I can't thank you enough for your help that night. You're a class act thru and thru.

Normally, I don't revive old threads. However, having been gone working a band camp and assisting the U. of Cincy Marching Band, I'm just now catching up on DCP. Besides, I'm flabbergasted that someone else hasn't responded to this admirable post.

Rich, it was a pleasure to help y'all. The CV contras are as picky about their huge horns as a lead sop is concerning his mouthpiece; yet, they all were ready to help. I only wish Tom Colgan hadn't left his truck keys in his room, which delayed helping muttering Rich Duarte get his bass drum case over to the fantastic, memorable Burger King Parking Lot Session.

What a hoot when Star United's crowded van cruised in and they piled out to enjoy the rehearsal turned into a performance. The CorpsVets and Renegades were already bonding even more than past years. Then Chris Rutt, Mike C., and other SU folks showed up and more corps bonding occurred. Fantastic time.

Yeah, I don't know how I didn't see this post originally...my bad. You are very welcome for the use of the horns. My philosophy is that karma is a biotch. I hope that if we were ever in the same bind, someone would come to our rescue, and in this activity, it's almost a given. Hope you guys had a great performance at I&E!! See you all in Rochester again next year!!

Rich...anytime. Ya'll got to use my big shiny beauty. (maybe the dirtiest contra in DCA) Have a great off season and we will see ya'll next year.