Phantom Regiment marching band competition

I see that Phantom hosts a marching band competition in October. Has anyone attended this event? Are alot of the best bands from Illinois at this show? I am looking to attend a marching band competition outside of Iowa this year, can anyone tell me which marching band shows in either Illinois or Wisconsin may have alot of the best bands from the state? Any websites that have info would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

The band show hosted by PR in Rockford is a great program, but the participants (with only a couple exceptions this year) are largely non-competitive bands. It's a different type of contest because besides just typical judging, each band gets evaluation and detailed feedback from key PR staff members.

So, if you're looking to see some of the top bands in Illinois, the show in Rockford is probably not what you're looking for. However, if you are able to go, it is a great program.

There are a number of good shows in NE Illinois. The Lake Park show is always a good one for quantity & quality, but it's pretty much the first show of the season (9/16), so you see a lot of unfinished shows. Lake Park Show

There are some good bands at the Rockford show, but it's by no means stacked.

Harlem High School, Machesney Park, Ill.

Grant Community High School, Fox Lake, Ill.

Nequa Valley High School, Naperville, Ill.

Naperville Central High School, Naperville, Ill.

United Township High School, East Moline, Ill.

Lincoln-Way East High Shool, Frankfort, Ill.

Whitewater High School, Whitewater, Wis.

Rochelle Township High School, Rochelle, Ill.

Elmwood Park High School, Elmwood Park, Ill.

Niles West High School, Niles, Ill.

Huntley High School, Huntley, Ill.

Metamora Township High School, Metamora, Ill.

McHenry High School, McHenry, Ill.

Davenport Central High School, Davenport, Iowa

Herscher High School, Herscher, Ill.

Prairie Ridge High School, Crystal lake, Ill.

Elk Grove Village High School, Elk Grove Village, Ill.

NIU Huskie Marching Band, Dekalb, Ill.

Naperville, Lincoln-Way, United Township and Herscher are probably the top four bands that will be there. All of them are yearly finalists at the State of Illinois Marching Championships at ISU in October.

I'd say the best "show case" for Illinois bands, is either ISU Championships, or the U of I competition. ISU usually has marion catholic, (perennial for Grand Champions at BOA) as well as lincoln way west and central. U of I usually has Prospect and most other chicago based schools. both worth it!

you mean Lincoln-Way East & Central....West is not built yet (don't know if they've even started)

woops! ^_^ you're right. ^OO^