DCA CDs

Not being too familiar with DCA cds, I would like to know...

who does the recording/cd production?

the quality of DCA cd recordings overall. Are they lossless? 192?

how many corps are on the CDs?

what is the cost per cd set?

how are they distributed...time line, etc.?

Thanks. I'm doing a comparative analysis.

The DCA CDs are currently produced by Baker Video Productions. Every corps participating in the DCA Championships is available on CD, including all prelim entrants, class A units and alumni corps. I don't have their prices handy right this second, but I recall last year purchasing the entire weekend's set of CDs (49 performances) from them for about $50.

As far as the format, they're CDs, so they must be 44.1 kHz, 16-bit stereo PCM. I doubt anything less than that is used in the recording process.

I don't know about this year, but last year BVP used the same audio crew (from Boston I think?) who does the audio for DCI. The quality of the audio is superb. Video gets better every year... you can't beat experience they are gaining...

Having "national TV" quality lighting certainly helps... and Paetek certainly has that...

"Lossless" and "192" would refer to ripped files from the original CDs. The CDs themselves are "lossless" by default.

I thought he was referring to the mastering process; ie. if it was recorded higher then compressed to 44.1 for the mass CD production. Maybe I interpreted it wrong.

no nothing about audio...

so you are speaking greek to me but

I can tell you that the same sound track is used for the audio and video and it's "surround sound" quality for the dvd

sitting in the truck and listening to it as it's recorded is amazing...

no = KNOW :) still half asleep on my day off

I wonder how long it takes to ship them. Hopefully not long as i ordered them Friday night?

"You will receive your order in 4-6 weeks."

:(