Cavaliers music themes

i know what you mean, i can't remember when but there is a certain part that sounds like i think frameworks, isn't the end of the closer the Terminator 2 theme song?

That's what I thought when I first heard it.

RM - Ahnold

ampssuck

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as some of the chord progression similarities in the ballads from 04 and 06 go (minor i going to neopolitan II for the big brass hold moment), it's really not much of a secret.

Quick theory lesson:

1. There is no such thing as a Neapolitan II chord. I believe you may be referring to a Neapolitan VI, which functions as a II chord.

2. Octatonic is not a recognized scale. The term octatonic would simply imply an 8-note scale, thereby almost certainly rendering it diatonic.

Quick theory lesson:

1. There is no such thing as a Neapolitan II chord. I believe you may be referring to a Neapolitan VI, which functions as a II chord.

2. Octatonic is not a recognized scale. The term octatonic would simply imply an 8-note scale, thereby almost certainly rendering it diatonic.

1. The Neapolitan VI is only called a VI because it is most commonly seen in first inversion, thus conforming to the traditional classification of a IV chord. What if the DbMaj7 in The Cavaliers 2006 program isn't in first inversion?!?! Then maybe we should drop the VI all together and conceed that it's just a "Neapolitan" in general. My point is this: you obviously caught the meaning the poster intended, and all the correct information is implicit in the poster's incorrect nomenclature anyway. So who cares?

2. Another minor difference in terminology. Well fine, it's a diminished scale (the technically correct name). We call it octatonic sometimes because it has eight unique tones instead of the seven plus a non-unique repetition of the tonic an octave higher. Therefore eight unique tones does not imply a diatonic scale AT ALL. Diatonic scales have seven.

Really I'm just passing some time here, I think that caviling over minor differences in terminology is superfluous.