SoCal Dream 2007 Season Open House

“SoCal Dream” has announced the date and location of their 2007 season open house and you don't want to miss it!!

SoCal Dream, a DCA Class "A" Finalist and High Brass award winner is looking to extend their success from the 2006 season and move forward even more in 2007. They are one of the fastest growing "All-Age" corps in the country, and have some big plans for the 2007 season.

2006 was a very successful season for SoCal Dream. The highlight of the season was qualifying for finals at the DCA championships for the first time. This was made even better because the horn line took home High Brass honors for class "A". The first time a California corps has ever won a caption trophy. All of this came on the heels of our colorguard ensemble winning the I & E competition on Friday night before prelims.

In 2007, SoCal Dream plans on returning to DCA Championships in Rochester N.Y. as well as competing in DCI shows in California. Our low membership dues make SoCal Dream one of the most economical drum corps in the country to join, and with our world class staff in place, we plan to take the field with the best and largest corps in our history!

Open house is scheduled for Sunday, December 3rd 2006 from 1:00pm – 3:00pm. This will be held in the Torrance High School bandroom. The school address is 2200 W Carson, Torrance, CA 90501. Here is a map to find your way:

Torrance High School

From the 110 Freeway exit at Carson Street and turn right The school will be down on your left side. At Watson Ave turn left. Follow Watson around and when you get to a stop sign, the band room will be on your right and a parking lot is just in front of you.

If you are a horn player and have a G bugle, bring it with you. If not, bring a mouthpiece. Percussionists, bring sticks. Anyone interested in color guard should wear comfortable clothes and bring a flag or weapon if you have one.

This is going to be a great afternoon. Please let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for your interest in joining the 2007 SoCal Dream.

Questions about membership should be directed to:

membership@socaldream.org

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Dream Go!

Congrats again on your high brass Class A, really enjoyed that hornline!

Also enjoyed our parking lot jam on Sunday morning of finals.

Best of luck in 2007! Looking forward to seeing you guys again!!

Go Dream Go!

Congrats again on your high brass Class A, really enjoyed that hornline!

Also enjoyed our parking lot jam on Sunday morning of finals.

Best of luck in 2007! Looking forward to seeing you guys again!!

Thanks!

Sunday morning was fun. It is always nice to have an audience for final run-through. I really liked your ballad also. I especially liked the train whistle.....what a great effect! :P

Thanks!

Sunday morning was fun. It is always nice to have an audience for final run-through. I really liked your ballad also. I especially liked the train whistle.....what a great effect! :P

I liked how the staff was tryign to get the DM to stop so they could re-record....but she waved 'em off!!