Whats with all the winter guards?

Let's not forget though:

Drummers and horn players can learn their music during the winter (on their own or at camps).

Guards have to wait for the drill to be written BEFORE they can start to learn their equipment work. That more thn anything is the reason why guards usually don't come out with a complete book in June.

Later,

Mike

Let's not forget though:

Drummers and horn players can learn their music during the winter (on their own or at camps).

Guards have to wait for the drill to be written BEFORE they can start to learn their equipment work. That more thn anything is the reason why guards usually don't come out with a complete book in June.

Later,

Mike

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I'm just saying that percussionists have an extra burden having to learn two books at once.

Warning....dark ages comment coming up....

In my day seemed like just about every small corps put out a winter guard. Before canned music I used to drum for my GSC corps guard during the winter, and we ran across most of the corps we competed against in the summer, plus a few that were just guards.

Even in the mid-70's a lot of corps put out guards...a GSC corps I taught, the Monarchs from Wayne NJ, put out two...a girl guard and a boy guard with guys for the hornline and drumline...they did it for kicks...

....and the chance to pick up girls at the mostly-female guard shows). :P

....and they were actually pretty good.

A DCP poster in the All-age forums was a member..cough cough...Al Katz...business manager of the Cabs.

Mike

Yes, lol. Even the Cranford Patriots had a winterguard up unitil 1981 I believe.

~G~