Javier Busto's - Ave Verum Corpus

St. Florian Chorale

John Rutter's - The Lord Bless You and Keep You

Edited by Toby

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How lovely is thy dwelling place,by Brahams......would be perfect for drum corps

O Magnum Mysterium by Morten Lauridsen.

Boston Crusaders played that in 2004 in the middle of their mostly original music show, "The Composition of Color."

I'm told Barber's "Adagio" was originally scored for voice. B)

What we have come to know as "Adagio for Strings" was originally written as a movement for string quartet in 1936. He rewrote it at "Adagio for Stings" in 1938. He again reworked it into the choral rendition titled "Agnus Dei" ("Lamb of God") in 1967. SCV stated that their "Age of Reverence" show in 2000 was inspired by that version.

Edited by Michael Boo

"He Who Sheds Blood With Me Today Shall Be Called My Brother."

Such a wonderful piece.

I'm not familiar with this...please share more. Is it something I might be interested in doing with a church choir?

Not exactly a chorale in the Bach sense, but Eric Whitacre's Lux Aurumque is an amazingly beautiful piece . . . could possibly even transfer as a ballad if arranged correctly.

Edited by Nex

Not exactly a chorale in the Bach sense, but Eric Whitacre's Lux Aurumque is an amazingly beautiful piece . . . could possibly even transfer as a ballad if arranged correctly.

Have you heard the wind version of Lux Aurumque?

It literally tears me up every single time. My all-time favorite piece by Whitacre.

Have you heard the wind version of Lux Aurumque?

It literally tears me up every single time. My all-time favorite piece by Whitacre.

I hadn't heard of it at all until we started learning it in my school's concert choir last week, but I've fallen in love with it since then. I'll look for the wind version though :)