Cheap(er) flights for Crossmen...

This is also a very good search engine. Leave the BOS in the sale city field.

ITA Software Trip Planner

I've used ITA before... TOTALLY forgot about that... worth a look...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AUS (Austin-Bergstrom)...closer than the Houston Airports and sometimes cheaper than either SAT or HOU/IAH.

AUS to RRHS = 1 hour at most (unless there's another accident at I-35 and FM 3009! lol)

good call... One thing to remember... Southwest goes texas city-to-texas city for CHEAP if you jump on the rates early... Sometimes as low as $38... So if you need to go Houston, Austin, El Paso, Dallas, etc. to San Antonio, look at Southwest...

Also, JetBlue just started service to Houston... So that might be an option for you northeasterners...

Northwest Airlines is the way to go...just did a check on an original camp date and a flight from PHL to SAT is just $314. It's probably even cheaper if you can flight out of Dulles(IAD) That the airport I use to get home from Lincoln and it's about $50 cheaper if not more. the site is www.nwa.com

Edited by beachdude

I like the idea of finding cheap fares on the the big sites, and going directly to the company's site to cut out the middle man. If I am not mistaken, SouthWest does not offer their tickets to the broker sites, you have to go SW directly (at least it used to be like that).

Althought I don't travel much, I have noticed "internet one-way" tickets on SW website for $109. You may have to make a freind in Texas and fly in on Thursday and out on Tuesday. Heck, If I was a member I would strongly consider this option since I always had more time than money. They also offer discounts for "under 21" in some cases.

Good luck.

Have Crossmen said where to fly into to? I wouldn't book anything to Austin and/or Houston til they say what airport they will be doing pickup at.

Ya, they said they would pick up @ San Antonio Intl. Airport right now... All of the other options are if you can find a ride...

NOTICE: AS OF NOW, THE CROSSMEN WILL ONLY BE PICKING UP AT SAN ANTONIO INTL. AIRPORT OR THE DOWNTOWN BUS STATION IN SAN ANTONIO... (if you book to Houston, Austin, Dallas, etc... you're on your own as far as getting to San Antonio... I have room for some to drive them from Houston to San Antonio, and also room in my apartment if you need a place to stay if you come early/ leave late, but it's first come first serve...)

PS: This is a great site for networking/travel logistics... kudos DCP...

Edited by SCVsopAaron

my names is jon reese. ill be tying out for the crossmen this year. i live in houston. i will be willing to drive ppl up to SA from houston if need be.. also you can crash at my crib if need be. i am willing to help out to any xmen vets in any way possible. if you want to contact me...email me or pm me.

or if you are myspace suave......

http://www.myspace.com/drumcorpsguyjon

my names is jon reese. ill be tying out for the crossmen this year. i live in houston. i will be willing to drive ppl up to SA from houston if need be.. also you can crash at my crib if need be. i am willing to help out to any xmen vets in any way possible. if you want to contact me...email me or pm me.

or if you are myspace suave......

http://www.myspace.com/drumcorpsguyjon

So there are two people in Houston now willing to help out... PM or email us and we'll get you squared away...

as it stands right now........8 people can fly down to houston and shuttle to SA. I can aslo feed and house yall a couple of extra days surrounding the camp. i might even be able to help pay for bus fare to....just tell me if there are any problems......

I can offer a ride to anyone flying into houston, especially if you arrive thur or early friday. I have room for 4 others comfortably, 5 max if need be. You can pm me if you're interested.

Edited by newterak