Troopers Announce Program Coordinator for 2007

As an alum of the corps I am very excitied to witness something special in 2007...

HLD!

i second that post.. .except i am still a member... but very very exciting news

So as Staff Coordinator since 98 with The Cavaliers, what were his responsibilities? Hiring Staff, etc.? What I'm really trying to figure out is: How responsible was he for all the great Cavs shows from 98-06?

I can't wait to hear what the numbers end up being at the first auditions. Troopers are creating a nice buzz right now and I hope that translates into alot of students choosing to audition at Troopers right out of the gate.

So as Staff Coordinator since 98 with The Cavaliers, what were his responsibilities? Hiring Staff, etc.? What I'm really trying to figure out is: How responsible was he for all the great Cavs shows from 98-06?

I would say pretty dang responsible. While he didn't necessarily write the drill or arrange the music, he was very instrumental in bringing those show designs together. He's a great mind, and the Troopers are very lucky to have him.

I would say pretty dang responsible. While he didn't necessarily write the drill or arrange the music, he was very instrumental in bringing those show designs together. He's a great mind, and the Troopers are very lucky to have him.

He was Program Coordinator, not staff coordinator. A Program Coordinator probably has the greatest impact on programming. The PC helps select tunes if a general theme has emerged among the staff or director, helps make those pieces cohesive by arranging the theme around it, or helping find music that better supports and develops it. He/she must be in constant connection with the brass/drumline/front ensemble/guard/drill designers, as all have critical input and all of the caption heads in each need somebody to in turn too take their ideas to see wheter ideas are feasible.

So, in terms of programming with the Cavaliers in those amazing years, Scott's role can not be emphasized greatly enough.

The reason I mentioned the Bluecoats connection is that, Scott also helped some with the Bluecoats (along with Fred and Doug) in programming. I think it will be a very good year to be a Trooper.

This is, perhaps, some of the greatest news of staff changes I have heard from anybody 13-21 in a very long time.

Wow.

Elmo Blatch

Is that a future Trooper DM? :)

Great pics Steph

He could be :unsure:! He waves his arms around every time music is playing and he loves drum corps already! :)

Thank you!