Which was better, 1976 Cadets or 2006 Cadets?

If there were some way I could watch them back to back live, I'm almost positive I'd like 06 better. A lot better. Honestly, I think I'd prefer any corps in the top 12 from any of the past 10 years over the Cadets' 76 show.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here.

Is this just about Garfield's 76 show or any corps from that era?

Were you around in 76 or are you just making an assumption based on what you've read and/or heard? If you were around, why can't you see things in the context of their time? (sort of like appreciating both the Old English in the King James Bible and the contemporary English in the versions that have followed).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hhhmmnnn. Well, let's see:

Hated 'em both, actually. At least in 2006 they could march.

Hhhmmnnn. Well, let's see:

Hated 'em both, actually. At least in 2006 they could march.

I didn't see a lot of movement in the 06 show, but then 14th place says something didn't work in 76 either.

As a matter of personal taste, I thought Cadets' 06 show was hideous compared to other concepts on the same field. Liked SCV, BK, and was pleasantly surprised by BAC. Like I said, personal taste.

I didn't see a lot of movement in the 06 show, but then 14th place says something didn't work in 76 either.

As a matter of personal taste, I thought Cadets' 06 show was hideous compared to other concepts on the same field. Liked SCV, BK, and was pleasantly surprised by BAC. Like I said, personal taste.

I guess you did not have eyeballs, n00b. BTW, you thought BK was better than Cadets? Are you serious? I guess if you like loud, staccato 8th notes. Thanks for playing.

I guess you did not have eyeballs, n00b. BTW, you thought BK was better than Cadets? Are you serious? I guess if you like loud, staccato 8th notes. Thanks for playing.

Must have been watching the wabbit. (which was better in 1970).

Of course I like loud staccato 8th notes, I'm a drummer.

See ya when you've got another 23 posts under your belt ^0^

Must have been watching the wabbit. (which was better in 1970).

Of course I like loud staccato 8th notes, I'm a drummer.

See ya when you've got another 23 posts under your belt ^0^

Oh right, 1200 posts equals demi-god status. I forgot.

To be honest, I thougth Cadets show was in about 15th in my ranking of which shows I liked to where I would put theirs. Not that it wasn't executed pretty well, but I would rather watch a pickle slide down a window at White Castle than watch their show again.

Edited by toddschultz

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here.

Is this just about Garfield's 76 show or any corps from that era?

Were you around in 76 or are you just making an assumption based on what you've read and/or heard? If you were around, why can't you see things in the context of their time? (sort of like appreciating both the Old English in the King James Bible and the contemporary English in the versions that have followed).

Sure. If I could somehow transport myself to 1976, and somebody asked "Which was better, the Cadets in 76 or in 46", I think my answer would be exactly the same, no matter the respective placements. It's all about the context of the time, IMO.