indoor drumline

YES, I know this is drumcorpsplanet.com, not indoordrumline.org, but I'm not sure where else to go. I'm sure the DCP forums has some "crossover" members frequenting the forums. Maybe before answering my next question you can point me to a forum/site geared towards indoors.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for a classical music-based indoor percussion show. I've seen the "phantom regiment's 50th anniversary" and other related threads, but I've listened to many of these pieces and most just don't seem as though they lend themselves to indoor. Any thoughts?

Well, it depends on what type of unit you have. Music that wound fit a marchnig unit won't necessarily fit a concert unit. A high school I competed against did a very good rendition of "Pictures at an Exhibition", but they were a concert unit and it suited them. Seeing it as a marching show would be good too, (I did it in marching band my freshmen year) but it may not be the best possible show for an indoor marching unit.

Agreed. For marching units, a connection between the musical and visual is very important. In many ways, the inoor activity is leaps and bounds ahead of drum corps in this regard. It takes some amazing execution to make up for lack of visual/musical coherance. And a classical music show with no theme would be a lot hard to have such a connection. ONOT hand, it has been done, and done well. A PSW unit last year did a "Young Person's Guide" show, and it was pretty good.

I'm not sure about DCP's policy concering the mentioning of other forums, but I think this is OK. Check out Drumhard.com There is a Marching Percussion forum that is very popular with many people in the indoor drumline universe. If you have any questions about indoor drumline, or drumlines in general, that is a great place to check out and ask questions.

Edited by Morgoth Bauglir

I'm not sure about DCP's policies regarding other sites either...but drumlines.org has an indoor section on their forums.

Mods - If this is against the rules, please delete