The Crossmen still belong in Pennsylvania.

I think so many of you don't get it.

The move wasn't made to move the corps to Texas simply because Texas rocks.

They moved for a few main reasons, which I have so kindly listed below for reference. They are the following:

1. The corps was on the brink of folding

2. If Mark Chambers and the crew in SA hadn't stepped up, there would be no Crossmen.

3. The North East was not chosen for the home of the corps because YEA decided there were no good options in the area. Not a lot of recent success in many areas of the corps (including, but not limited to FINANCES) etc., thus the decision to either A) Move to Texas, or B) FOLD.

SO...

Move to Texas, or fold. You pick.

:-)

Edited by SCVsopAaron

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The confusion in your statement stems from the fact that Delaware is 20 min down the road from most of the places that Crossmen used as a home base in years prior to that. It's not a few hours away via airplane.

So yeah, they were in Delaware, and in Phillly, and in West Chester, PA, and last year had camps in Southern NJ. But all of those places are within a 30min radius of Philly. Crossing state lines isn't a big deal in this area since most people in the Philly area (or NYC metro area) cross state lines daily for one reason or another.

It's not like there were legions of people in DE who were up in arms about moving the corps back to PA. It was the same volunteers, same corps members, same staff, etc, no matter which state the corps was in- they were just driving 20min in a new direction instead to be with Crossmen. It was not a big deal at all.

Don't try and imply that the Crossmen have gone through something similar before just because they cross state lines. They haven't.

I am not trying to imply anything. My only point was that when a city or area hosts a corps, they take ownership of it as their own, be it a few years or longer. I am sure there are other who feel Crossmen should not have left ________.

Bottom line, the corps is alive and kicking. Be happy about it.

There is absolutely no negative feeling towards anyone or place in Texas. I personally think the corps is in very good hands in will do very well in the San Antonio area.

Please do not confuse the feelings of sadness or dissapointment of the corps leaving with any negativity towards Texas - they are two different issues.

I am proud of how most members, alumni and supporters have handled this entire situation. I hope is shows the folks down in San An-bonio :P that they want to make this work and succeed in their new home. Will it be hard? - yes; will there be bumps in the road? - yes; will it be satisfying when it grows into a great organization with good people making it work? - absolutely!!!

It just will not be a reality for some, and I mean some, members and others to do that here. I can't wait for the return to the Allentown show and having our supporters be able to show the corps that they will always be partly form here - no matter where they hang their spurs!!!

And yes - this would not have even been an issue if YEA! did not keep things afloat 10 years ago. It does not change the hard reality of what else could have been done to try and prevent this. That will always be a Monday-morning quarterback discussion :) - perfect for DCP!!!

Thanks for at least caring enough to keep on talking about it. Believe me, the crossmen nation has been overwhelmed with the responses and encouragement about this situation.

Bill Miller's here we come!!!

The SKYLINERS STILL BELONG IN NYC

THE CADETS STILL BELONG IN GARFIELD

THE CAVALIERS STILL BELONG IN CHICAGO

SPIRIT STILL BELONGS IN ATLANTA

KK STILL BELONGS IN CANADA

AND

27th lancers

Anaheim Kingsmen

Oakland crusaders

Star of Indiana

Argone Rebels

Stockton Commadors

Muchochos

Skyriders

North star

Des Plains Vanguard

Purple Lancers

Royal Crusaders

Guardsmen

Freelancers

Suncoast sound

et...............

SHOULD STILL BE !!!

w/Stp: sans the stupid

3 words... get over it.

It may totally suck, but they're better for it. I don't mean that disrespectfully, but they moved on. Let's not say they "belong" where they aren't.

Are they better for it?

The jury is still out on that one.

Suppose they finish 9th in 2007 and then fold in 2008. Would they be better for it?

My point is that we'll have to see just what this does for the Crossmen before we can determine they are better for it. It's way too early to say they are better for it based on a press release.

dont think theyll make finals and fold the next year (specially cause yea will still be on the rieghns kinda)

Are they better for it?

The jury is still out on that one.

Suppose they finish 9th in 2007 and then fold in 2008. Would they be better for it?

My point is that we'll have to see just what this does for the Crossmen before we can determine they are better for it. It's way too early to say they are better for it based on a press release.

Are they better for it? YES, cuz at least they EXISTED.

What matters most is that the Crossmen return to DCI Finals. It doesn't matter where they place or where they are located. Lets just give support to the corps and hope that the move down to Texas was a great move for them. All of my luck is with them and I hope that they're new home brings alot of talented kids.

I am not trying to imply anything. My only point was that when a city or area hosts a corps, they take ownership of it as their own, be it a few years or longer. I am sure there are other who feel Crossmen should not have left ________.

Bottom line, the corps is alive and kicking. Be happy about it.

I still think there are holes in your theory because the "area" that hosted the Crossmen has been the same "area" all along, no matter what town was announced (or not announced) at the beginning of a show. The ownership was to the SE PA area. Why do you think we joked about being the I-95 Crossmen?? The corps was transient.

"Be happy about it?"

That's something that has REALLY irritated me about the Crossmen threads since the move was announced. For every well thought out reply, there's a "get over it" or "be happy about it" reply, and now Aaron has dismissed Lee's opinions on the matter as "lame". (and yes, I know there's an "ignore" feature, and yes I use it at times)

Have a little respect and stop trying to tell people how they should feel!

Put the shoe on the other foot for a minute and think about how any of you would feel if someone was sitting there telling you that you should be happy about something, or to get over XYZ, when you just weren't ready. Like I said in the first Crossmen thread- have some compassion and sensitivity for people who are dealing with this.

I don't think you all need to be defending Tx left and right. It's not about Tx. There are going to be some great things happening in Tx this next year, and I for one am excited to see how it turns out.

People have issues about the corps leaving the SE PA area... not where they are going.