wikipedia article

Orpheus

There's every possibility that this has been discussed before, but I just happened to notice last night that the wikipedia article on color guard is really pretty lame. So I thought I'd point it out on here in the hopes that someone with more knowledge about the history of the activity that I have could give it a good updating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_guard_%28flag_twirling%29

Edited by Orpheus

yeah, that was pretty lame. but i guess someone who's never heard of guard before might get an okay idea of what we do. i just thought that it was funny that they refer to rifles and sabres as "mock rifles and mock sabres". and they spelled sabre wrong.

i just thought that it was funny that they refer to rifles and sabres as "mock rifles and mock sabres". and they spelled sabre wrong.

Well, they are "mock," aren't they? It's not like you could shoot someone with a color guard rifle, unless you're the USMC Silent Drill Team. As for "saber," either spelling is correct.

You can sign up and update/adapt the article. I've done it for Drumcorpswiki.

So +THAT+ is how wikipedia works, huh? News to me. :wub: Just kiddin' with ya. Yeah, I did a little cleaning up of a few things I thought sounded ambiguous or poorly worded, but like I said -- I don't have the knowledge to really do the subject justice (I'm a brass guy). The whole article needs an expert's touch.