Because We havent talked about them in awhile

THATS what mini corps should be all about!

THATS what mini corps should be all about!

Paul Rowe (Suncoast Sound alum) was the last lead of the group and mello soloist. He was Carolina Gold's brass caption head and one of the soprano soloists this past summer. He's now a band director in NC.

Contra bass player Mike Roylance, another Suncoast vet, is now the principle tuba with the Boston Symphony.

Rich Viano (Suncoast alum) played triple bass with FC, and is now with the Boston Crusaders.

I also believe that Dave Coolidge (lead sop) was performing with the Madison Alumni Project, and was one of their soloists.

There are Future Corps alumni all over the corps world these days...

I am definitely one person who misses Future Corps!

We just got back from Disney World and Epcot is just not the same.

I wore my MSARP shirt and no one even noticed. I always would wear a Madison Scout shirt at Epcot and get many "thumbs up" from the Future Corps members.

I wish someone could convince Disney to rethink their decision.

Judy

Cool stuff. Why did they stop using this group? They certainly got a lot of bang for the buck.

I believe it was around 2002 (I'll check with Paul to be sure).

According to the guys in the group, it was discontinued for a couple of reasons, the primary one being the Disney folks felt they could get more entertainment for guests by splitting the musician slots into several smaller groups as opposed to having one big group.

A good example of this is the Jammitors, the three-man percussion group featuring Danny Raymond Jr. Understand that they weren't created as a result of FC's demise, I'm just using them as an example. Disney did a massive overhaul of the musicians and groups around the time FC was disbanded.

The real shame is that EPCOT actually had two awesome large groups at one point, with FC and Future World Brass...a large-scale brass group on Bb instruments. I was really sad the day they were cut, as it they were a real crowd-pleaser. When I was playing in Christmas Brass, we all used to go see FWB and FC sets before heading to the Magic Kingdom for our own performances.

I agree, I was down in '92 and got to see FC and thought this is great, Disney has drum corps. Was really disappointed when I found out they were let go. Went down last year and it was not the same!

Very cool. They did a nice Tiger of San Pedro. One More Time, has always been one of my favorites to.

I haven't been too Disney World since it first opened so I never heard of this groups before. Where better to introduce people from all over the world to drum corps than a place like Disney World.