Mellophone parts

rai-mello

Ok, I want to practice a lot of things to get my reading up and just for the hell of it. Does anyone have a mellophone part that I could have? By have, I mean send it to me through the computer or something of the sort. Now I know that some corps may not want people to distribute their music like that but I am just asking and if people do not want to part, that is fine. I'm asking for those willing to part. Thank you. :)

Looks like a trumpets in the Raiders website.

Send me your addy. I'll send you something fun.

Edited by ravedodger

You can read any trumpet part as well - same written range. Play it as written - don't try to transpose.

F or G?

F. and btw, I know about the Raiders website because I just marched with them this past summer *points down to sig*. Anyway, I'm looking for other corps (preferably Div 1 :)) but any corps is fine. And I'd rather have a mellophone part, not trumpet.

But if there is a trumpet part, now I'm willing to accept, lol.

Honestly, if the purpose of this is just to get your reading skills up, it doesn't matter what the part was originally written for. Read mello parts, trumpet parts, clarinet parts, flute parts, sax parts, the right hand of piano parts - anything that's in the correct clef. Reading is reading. If you're not playing it with an ensemble, it doesn't particularly matter that you're reading it in the wrong key or on the wrong instrument.

Honestly, if the purpose of this is just to get your reading skills up, it doesn't matter what the part was originally written for. Read mello parts, trumpet parts, clarinet parts, flute parts, sax parts, the right hand of piano parts - anything that's in the correct clef. Reading is reading. If you're not playing it with an ensemble, it doesn't particularly matter that you're reading it in the wrong key or on the wrong instrument.

I understand where you are coming from. But I want something that was purposely meant for mellophone, trumpet, or brass in general. Plus, on a personal sidenote, I want it to be something recognizeable, something that will get me interested in the music I am playing.

I understand where you are coming from. But I want something that was purposely meant for mellophone, trumpet, or brass in general.

I understand what you are saying. I know lot of horn literature doesn't work for and was never intended to played by a mello. Keep in mind the mello is an alto voice instrument, and has much more in common with the trumpet then the horn. There are mello parts out there that were written for the Kenton mellophomium orchestra. Now those pieces would be a lot of fun to play!