Floor Paint

GuardDad

Does anyone know of a good paint to use on the floors. In the past we have used very expensive ink paints that doesn't crack but it smells up the entire school and we have been asked not to use it. Someone suggested that we use house paint and then use a lacquer finish over it.

I've seen some very interesting designs the people have done in the past. Any recommendations that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know of a good paint to use on the floors. In the past we have used very expensive ink paints that doesn't crack but it smells up the entire school and we have been asked not to use it. Someone suggested that we use house paint and then use a lacquer finish over it.

I've seen some very interesting designs the people have done in the past. Any recommendations that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

We use a water proof paint - up here in the northeast with the snow and rain, we sure need it.

Flat wall paint is low on the 'stink-o-meter'. It does chip but cheap and easy to fix.

I just posted this on another question, but i'll pot it here too...

we used behr flat latex paint, diluted with 50% water and let it dry over night. then in the morning we put baby power all over the floor and swept off the excess. The baby powder is not slippery and it helps the floor not to stick when you fold it. we have been painting our floors for years this way and it looks great all season. no chipping or anything.

we used behr flat latex paint, diluted with 50% water and let it dry over night. then in the morning we put baby power all over the floor and swept off the excess. The baby powder is not slippery and it helps the floor not to stick when you fold it. we have been painting our floors for years this way and it looks great all season. no chipping or anything.

Do you use a bonding agent or a primer or does the latex paint bond with the floor? I've always used that same paint, just with an agent and 60% water. Seems to hold up for more than a year, but it's so fracking heavy! If the latex paint holds without a bonding agent then I've been doing this ALL wrong for ages! :doh:

I might have to try the baby powder thing! Didn't know if it would change the color or react to the paint at all. Thanks!

just make sure it REALLY dry when you put it on. don't do it the night before a competition. it will slightly fade the color but once the kids get on the floor, the baby powder will come off and the color will be back to normal.

Do you use a bonding agent or a primer or does the latex paint bond with the floor? I've always used that same paint, just with an agent and 60% water. Seems to hold up for more than a year, but it's so fracking heavy! If the latex paint holds without a bonding agent then I've been doing this ALL wrong for ages! :beer:

we don't use primer. we just paint right on the floor with the diluted paint mixture and we are all set!